Author Topic: 3.6.12 MediaVPs Discussion thread  (Read 97398 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: 3.6.12 MediaVPs Discussion thread
The Orion and Deimos shots are boss.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
You should download the updates from http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=70736.0

Very nice job on the screenshots, what are your lighting settings? I really like them.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
You should download the updates from http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=70736.0

Very nice job on the screenshots, what are your lighting settings? I really like them.

I was about to ask the same
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sobbsy

The second and third shots are using Zacam's settings from the last page (that's why they're kinda darker - no emissive light and all that), but everything else is just using the 'default' settings that are recommended in the MediaVP release thread. I do run the saturation a little higher than usual but that's about it... The game just looks good regardless  :nod:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
These are excellent screens! Someone should put them on the Wiki (I might tomorrow).

Offline Sobbsy

Sorry, just wanted to check... Are you talking to me here? Pretty sure I have everything fully up to date. I use the mv_maximum VP file along with the '3613_Update' VP, which together should include all the individual packs listed in that thread, right?

Feel free to use those screenshots on the Wiki, Snail!

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature

MV Maximum is awesome. If you mean you have everything literally all in one VP, that was, like, 3.6.10. AGES ago. Also, having everything in a massive VP complicates things. Specifically, in terms of doing table validation and merges, and issues from having multiple TBMs in a single VP modifying the same entry, etc. So, it's not coming back. Especially as our size just keeps going up.

Also: 3613_Update was deprecated and has been replaced with individual *.3612.vp files. One for MV_Root, MV_Assets and MV_Effects.

You'll want those files and to double check the CRC results in your Debug log.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Sobbsy

Very interesting... thanks for clearing that up.

*edit*

I checked - I am actually running all of the separate VP files - not sure where I get the idea that I was using mv_maximum from... I did not however have the updates to some of those VPs in place, but I do now. Thanks for getting me on to that, I would probably never have done so otherwise.

:yes:

Here's a few other screenshots I had left over. I suppose the only major thing left now is the cutscenes... Pity we couldn't package the game up when all this work is done and re-release it in this 'modern' state!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:54:53 am by Sobbsy »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
That Hecate as a beam charging in a really weird location
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Oh, man, I am going to wiki the piss out of these screens when I get a spare second. D
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Sobbsy, do you have full resolution version of these screenies? They're awesome, but some of them arre pretty small, like they've been resized after you took them - if you have the originals, they'd be great for the wiki.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Bit of a nooby question about the media vps, is it possible to get other mods you have installed to use the v12 media vps instead of the default ones?  ive kinda gotten spoiled by all the pretty pretty eyecandy and i hate playing mods without it...i wanted to try out warzone after i got done playing blue planet (AGAIN!! xD that mod is like SEX) but i almost dont want to because it uses stock effects/models.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
If you've recently installed Open most of the included campaigns should already default to mediavps_3612, if not go to the mod's mod.ini file and change the variable from 'mediavps' to 'mediapvs_3612.'

Okay Warzone uses the old file path, so change it as noted above.

Offline Sobbsy

That Hecate as a beam charging in a really weird location

Now that you mention it... Yes that is a bit strange. Don't recall ever seeing one fire from there before.

Sobbsy, do you have full resolution version of these screenies? They're awesome, but some of them arre pretty small, like they've been resized after you took them - if you have the originals, they'd be great for the wiki.

Sorry Black Wolf, I no longer have the original images... These were all taken while AA wasn't working, so I did downsize them to hide some of the jaggies (though it's still clearly visible on ship and missile trails, but I get why that is). I also downsized them for another forum I posted on at the time. Didn't end up seeing the need for keeping the big TGA's lying around.

It's not a big deal though, I'd be happy to take some new shots if you really want (unless someone else has their own content to submit) :)

If you've recently installed Open most of the included campaigns should already default to mediavps_3612, if not go to the mod's mod.ini file and change the variable from 'mediavps' to 'mediapvs_3612.'

Okay Warzone uses the old file path, so change it as noted above.

Tried that, no dice >.>

"noted above" where? :/

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Above on my post, where I said change mediavps to mediavps_3612.

Also how did that not work when I just did the same thing I said to do on my own Warzone folder and wham, 3.6.12 MVPs.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:56:51 pm by Commander Zane »

Okay I was playing the King's Gambit and for some reason some of the ships were able to run the blockage, which is pretty unusual since I remember this mission being totally cake. So I looked around and saw the Typhon had a really tiny beam for the main gun.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline Hades

Okay I was playing the King's Gambit and for some reason some of the ships were able to run the blockage, which is pretty unusual since I remember this mission being totally cake. So I looked around and saw the Typhon had a really tiny beam for the main gun.
Yeah, I've noticed it too, it seems to be an SVas instead of the typical BVas in that spot, dunno if that was balance done on Volition or the FSU's part to make the mission less self playing, but still.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Are you sure you don't have Hades' tiny-beams pack installed accidentally? :P

For reference, the original :v: mission had the Hedetet (that specific Typhon) customized with an SVas instead of a BVas on turret 15. So yeah, it's supposed to have one big and one small beam.

Offline Hades

Are you sure you don't have Hades' tiny-beams pack installed accidentally? :P
It's not, but that's a pretty good size for the BVas, good idea.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL