Author Topic: 3.6.12 MediaVPs Discussion thread  (Read 97380 times)

Re: 3.6.12 MediaVPs Discussion thread
Okay I was playing the King's Gambit and for some reason some of the ships were able to run the blockage, which is pretty unusual since I remember this mission being totally cake. So I looked around and saw the Typhon had a really tiny beam for the main gun.

Are you sure you don't have Hades' tiny-beams pack installed accidentally? :P

For reference, the original :v: mission had the Hedetet (that specific Typhon) customized with an SVas instead of a BVas on turret 15. So yeah, it's supposed to have one big and one small beam.

Okay good, I was thinking there was something wrong.

Above on my post, where I said change mediavps to mediavps_3612.

Also how did that not work when I just did the same thing I said to do on my own Warzone folder and wham, 3.6.12 MVPs.

Ok i tinkered with that mod folder, the media vps work correctly...except for one kinda annoying bug...The Hatsheput class destroyers (or however you spell em) are invisible....I can see the engine glow and can see it in the targeting window, but the ship itself is completely invisible.

Edit:Screenie

And yeah i noticed that kings gambit mission is a bit of a pain now, but i always go for the cruizer engines first so most of the time they were disabled before they could jump away
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:52:14 am by Rakshasa »

Didn't think about disabling those engines, that's a good idea  :)

I started doing that after playing blue planet...always got tired of getting a corvette critical and they always wussed out and deptarted...i remember once one was down to 1% hull and he jumped out -.-

Just ONE MORE APOCALYPSE AND BOOM :/

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
<snip>

run debug build and load a mission with a hattie in it, then post debug log from <fs2dir>\data\fs2_open.log

Offline Kolgena

I only JUST played bearbaiting with the new Sathanas. Yeah, I know, I'm very late to the party.

I must say though, the mission is fantastically beautiful, and my wingmen actually do something on insane! I presume this is because turret boxes have been fixed. Flak turrets are gone within the first few minutes, and Alpha wing can usually manage to down a beam turret or two all by themselves. I remember with the Retail model, flak turrets are nigh invincible, and every last wingman is good only for drawing fire. The change makes Insane decidedly easier, but far more epic.

Kudos.

Offline Qent

I remember with the Retail model, flak turrets are nigh invincible, and every last wingman is good only for drawing fire. The change makes Insane decidedly easier, but far more epic.
Eeek. Is that allowed?

Offline Kolgena

They had reasonable health, but there was an issue with the bounding box such that things like trebuchets could not hit it from the front. You had to use dumbfires or primaries.

Offline Qent

What I mean is that it is by your account a major balance change, which FSU supposedly doesn't do.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
One that is a bugfix more than anything.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Qent

So is proper use of Trebuchets.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
IMHO, it'd be better to fix glitches like Trebs and bounding boxes, then fix balance if really necessary.  Maybe make the balance fix an option.

Offline Kolgena

@ Qent, MVP's try to fix inconsistencies and bugs like this for the sake of polish. No point preserving stupid blunders without good reason. It's why the second mission had all the herc I's replaced with lokis. Despite being much more difficult, it now makes sense when your wingmen tallies a bunch of Lokis when they are clearly Herc's in retail.

(Speaking of which, the mission where you blow up the knossos still uses Astaroths instead of Maras. The Vasudan wingman clearly says "2 wings of maras", despite whatever briefing says. Also, the mission is much harder at the start because luring fast Astaroths without dying is significantly harder than luring slow Maras without dying.)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Retail also used Asteroths despite what the mission chatter indicates.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Kolgena

Oh really? Nevermind then. It would still be nice if they became Maras, so your fishhead friends don't sound quite so full retard.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Perhaps the translator was malfunctioning.  :lol:
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Kolgena

Did anyone else notice that the 70th blue lions is very >:3 right now? XD

(I'm assuming that's just a placeholder, and not the real thing, mjn >.>)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
yes it is a placeholder.. waiting on HT to finish the real one..
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Qent

@ Qent, MVP's try to fix inconsistencies and bugs like this for the sake of polish. No point preserving stupid blunders without good reason. It's why the second mission had all the herc I's replaced with lokis. Despite being much more difficult, it now makes sense when your wingmen tallies a bunch of Lokis when they are clearly Herc's in retail.

(Speaking of which, the mission where you blow up the knossos still uses Astaroths instead of Maras. The Vasudan wingman clearly says "2 wings of maras", despite whatever briefing says. Also, the mission is much harder at the start because luring fast Astaroths without dying is significantly harder than luring slow Maras without dying.)
That's a bit disturbing. She wasn't necessarily wrong, although it's a stretch that she'd be talking about the Lokis that hadn't yet jumped in.

Offline Kolgena

I think we should at least be consistent.

If we're going to be full out retail, then use Hercs for mission 2 and astaroths in that knossos-bombing mission.

If we want to let the voice acting make sense, then use lokis for mission 2 and maras in that knossos mission