Author Topic: REQUEST: Voice acting!  (Read 75113 times)

Re: REQUEST: Voice acting!
i didn't even realize this was a NEW thread.  Silly me.  Well I'll be submitting lines in the next few days.  One question:
I've got a cheap logitech microphone from best buy.  Is that going to be high enough quality or should i try to get something better?  If anything i can submit with the current mic and then upgrade later. 
BTW... i am in love with this mod.   Who was the voice of Ninja (the wisecracking wingman and not the fast-talking matter of fact one)?  His voice work I thought was exceptional.  I hope everyone selected is that caliber of an actor.  Great job Tolwyn and Starman and the whole team!

Yes Huggy i am a drummer.  Been playing for about 8 years now in rock, jazz, drum & bass, pop, and whatever.  You play as well?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
i didn't even realize this was a NEW thread.  Silly me.  Well I'll be submitting lines in the next few days.  One question:
I've got a cheap logitech microphone from best buy.  Is that going to be high enough quality or should i try to get something better?  If anything i can submit with the current mic and then upgrade later. 

We'll see :)

Who was the voice of Ninja (the wisecracking wingman and not the fast-talking matter of fact one)?  His voice work I thought was exceptional.  I hope everyone selected is that caliber of an actor.

Cuddos to Sphynx. You might not have realized yet, but he also did TCS Dover, TCS Ticonderoga, Instructor in Sim03-05:)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

I'll be sending in my recordings asap. While I've never done voice-acting, I have spent several years on stage in the Netherlands, and even done some TV work. So I hope they like what I do.

Although I'm told I don't sound Dutch so much as American. Ah well :P
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 02:28:51 pm by Godeskian »

I saw the link about WCS on www.gamestar.de and i am still enthused on the demo :). I've played WC3,4 and 5 and like them very well! Maybe my voice isn't very vital(?!) but i want to help making this tc to a dignified follower of the original. Are there other ways to help you? Creating wallpapers, cutting movie clips, making some webdesing or something like that?

In any case, i have send you a PM with a download link to my 24 examples. Don't wonder about my accent, i am from germany ;)

Practical question. I don't have a website nor am I terribly familiar with online hosting. Can I zip up my files and mail them?

Practical question. I don't have a website nor am I terribly familiar with online hosting. Can I zip up my files and mail them?

try freehoster like www.rapidshare.com

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
guys, guys, you can mail your voice overs to me. In fact, I would prefer that, it makes it easier to contact you again :)

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Creash

Creash here.  I DEFAINTLY want to audition and will be recording my pieces tonight if possible.  Just give info as to how you want me to send you files and I'll do so.  Most likely I'll use GoldWave to just loop them all together in one file to make things easier.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
all info is in the first thread. As a matter of fact, if you are skilled with recording software, you could remove background noise as well. Will make my life easier :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Creash

all info is in the first thread. As a matter of fact, if you are skilled with recording software, you could remove background noise as well. Will make my life easier :)

Hehe, sure thing Tolwyn.  Also wanted to say thanks now that I'm aboard the WCS Developer Team.

As for the voice scripts you have listed...I am curious...now are these 'auditions' to get a part in the game...or are these the actual files you'll use if you think they are good enough?

If they are ones you will use, I best make them as good as though they were being recorded as I was a hired voice actor.  I'll do this tommorow.  Tonight I am just too tuckered out.  Look out for my submissions tommorow  :lol:

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
This lines will be used for generic comms, if, as you said, they are good enough :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Tanstaafl32

• You're soaking in it!
    • Fourth Law
Hey all. 

Just in case anyone is interested, almost any vox recording can benefit from a pop-filter.  I posted a brief guide on building one from common parts easily found around the house.

http://www.fourthlaw.com

Hope it helps,
Tan

Heh, good one, I was going to mention that too.

Instead of the hoop, you can also stretch the stocking over a clothes hanger. You won't have as much space between the two layers, but it works.

Offline DhruvK

Definitely interested. I'm 21 and I've been thinking about doing voice acting. I'm a pilot IRL, so I can fake the attitude fairly well :P

Expect my samples soon!

I'm game for this, 18 on this end so it'll probably work

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
just give it a try :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Cirdec_aka_Ace

• Veteran pilot
I'm a pilot IRL, so I can fake the attitude fairly well :P

Really ? Do you often say things like "we're the backup and we've arrived to save your ass ?"  :lol:

Offline slampen

• Help! I´m lost!
Sign me up for the auditions if I'm not to late already.

Offline CaptJosh

Expect some stuff from me shortly if you'll be so kind as to PM me an e-mail addy. I don't have a pop filter per se, but given that I don't talk right into my mic, I should be ok.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Expect some stuff from me shortly if you'll be so kind as to PM me an e-mail addy. I don't have a pop filter per se, but given that I don't talk right into my mic, I should be ok.

email addy is in the first post.

-WC Saga's beta tester