Author Topic: Wing Commander Saga now hiring!  (Read 13496 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Wing Commander Saga now hiring!
Hello folks,

We have come a long way since the beginning, and with the time we enhanced the project more and more, not only due to the possibilites the SCP-Project give us, but also through the experience we become during our work. Currently we have finished our prologue campaign, beginning of an epic storyline set in the WC3 timeline which will be continued in the release of the main game, which is however still far in the future.

In order to finish off our project, we could use the additional help of the following staffers:

- 2D artists / texturer, who are capable of drawing maps at same quality
level of the other project artwork.
- CGI artists
- mission designers
- voice actors

additionaly we are looking for :

- modelers and unwrappers

Candidates have to be able to work well with other people and be able to keep a secret.

Here is your chance to prove to the rest of the world that the Wing Commander Community is still more than alive. You can post here, or send me a PM, it is up to you. Tell us your qualifications and why we should take you on. If possible we would appreciate it if you can show us a sample of your work.

So take your chance to become a team-member of the Wing Commander Saga Team. We are looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards

Tolwyn
Project Leader
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 11:56:03 am by Tolwyn »
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Ramon

Re: Wing Commander Saga now hiring!
Hey,

My name is Ramon Leerschen

I Study Game Design & Development (Master) in Holland at the HKU (Highschool of Arts).

I'm pretty well rounded and experienced in most aspects of design and development.

My personal focus lies on game design but I can help out at pretty much every other field.

I would love to show you all my work but my portfolio is still work-in-progress and will be finished in the next 8 weeks.

That's why I made a selection:

Example 1:

Flight mode

Drive mode

Water mode

I've designed that model ground scratch. As you can see it's a multipurpose vehicle in Star Wars style with pretty detailed (homemade) textures.

Example 2:

This was the first model I ever made. As you can see it's in the Monkey Island style. (left = high poly, right = low poly)

Here's a picture of the manually applied UV-map.

http://www2.hku.nl/~paul6/project5/reqjec_v1.html

That's a game me and 3 other guys made in 2 weeks time. I came up with the idea (mechanics).

http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~ramon3/ftp/Kampusch/Game.html

That's an adventure game me and some friend made. I've done the programming part(Actionscipt). To bad it's in dutch... but I'll tell you that you have to use the knife and fork to open the door. Besides scripting languages I also have experience in C++ programming.

I also wrote movie scripts, game design documents (in dutch  :( ), animations (both 3d and 2d).

My expertise lies in pacing (part of level design), game design, interaction design.

Why you should take me? As I've already noted above;  I'm a well rounded and experienced designer/developer with a solid theoretical background. This looks like a solid win-win situation to me... I earn ISA-points for my study and a great product for my portfolio and you guys get a great game.

If you're still interested you can contact me with MSN: [email protected] or just mail to [email protected].
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 07:54:20 am by Ramon »

:eek2: Well that puts my stuff to shame
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Hmmmmm. No news on whether this guy has been hired.

He may be receiving a PM from the BtRL team shortly since if you don't want him you can't call it poaching :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
just because we do not make it public... yet. :)

Don't you dare... :D
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
 :lol:

To late Karajorma :D
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I don't mind you ending up with him. I just don't want to see talented UV mappers leaving the community. We haven't got enough as is :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
I what you mean. I think every project here needs some tallented people for the one or the other work.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

That ship is brilliant work well done.

I will posting some code mods to fs2 next week sometime, hopefully on the weekend using the wcsaga forums.

Offline Dalek

I cant do much tech stuff as to programming or modeling (never learnt those skills, im better @ businerss orented stuff or audio production/recording etc)
But i can lend voice talents and can do numerous accents etc.
Tho i would PREFERR to play an Aussie character, As I AM an Aussie after all.

Go Hunter!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Was blown away by hte Prolouge...

need a hand?  ;7
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Replied to your voice-acting email, Tolwyn :)

Hello,

I just finished your prologue and I have to say I'm impressed (said that already but, it's nice to hear positive output isn't it?) And joined to follow it's progression.

Anyway, I've been working as a game designer, currently as the 'lead mission and character designer'. My job however is quite finished now as the game is nearing it's completion. Which is why I would like to offer my helping hand to this excellent project.

If you are in need of character/plot/background/mission designer send me a note and I'll hop in. It would be a honor to participate into project like this, as without the community there wouldn't be any games. (ironically it also fits this project, heh)

I'm ready offer my expertise to this project and hopefully I can be some use.

Cheers,
HraTaika

I can offer my services as a tuba player and I should be able to persuade some friends who play other instruments to help me out. I'm also fairly competent in the recording/mixing/mastering department (examples available on request). So if there are some of the original midi files then I may be able to lay down some of the tracks with some real instruments.

I wouldn't mind giving voice acting a go although I may not be very good, but then if you don't like it then you don't have to use it. I have a british standard (BS for short :-P)

I've also done some beta testing in the past and I'd definately be up for a sneaky peak at the next installment.