Author Topic: still no sound  (Read 2014 times)

first:what a great mod,this what iam waiting for since i play the last part of WC,but there is a problem,i got still no sound,i do all what you sai in your troubleshooting guide,but no works,and i dindnt find the ct_oal.dll file,in the system 32 folder,pls help

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hmm... this is indeed a very rare issue. Your best chance would be to post in the source code forum
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

thanxs for your answer Com Tolwyn

äh i mean Admiral Tolwyn :)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
now you are talking :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Headless Hessian

• Interesting: Oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die!
Mahlzeit,

I had sound problems too, music ingame and some sound in the menu but no speech or sound ingame. Done everything in the Troubleshooting Guide, no effect.

Finally I found something simple: delete all the OpenAL Stuff (yes, openal32.dll and wrap_oal.dll) from windows/system32, reinstall OpenAL http://developer.creative.com/articles/article.asp?cat=1&sbcat=31&top=38&aid=46 and move openal32.dll and wrap_oal.dll into the WC Saga directory. Yeah, I copied the files before too, but with now effect. But now, everything is fine, don't ask me why. Maybe I had an old version of OpenAL before and the Installer didn't overwrite it correctly, who knows.

Hope it helps, great game, really.  :nod: