Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 2600 times)

I am sure that this has been said a hundred times, but I just had to create an account to publicly thank you guys for your work.  I played the intro and the autopilot demo, both were fantastic.  (read an recent article on twitchguru) It left me wanting for more of both (new original missions and remakes of all of the classics).  I can not wait to finish your story line, and would love to play WC1-5 with this upgraded engine with the cut scenes spliced in, etc. (even if the advanced dialogue trees are not an option).  It Just makes me crazy to even think about it.  I have now had dreams about doing flybys of the Tigers Claw.. (I am not kidding) lol... Whatever comes, thank you for your effort and for the awesome flashback.  If only I knew how to do these things, I would be more than happy to contribute to this fantastic effort.

Offline KeldorKatarn

Well, try to do the FRED tutorial maybe.. If you think you can get the hang of the FRED editor.. mission scripters are always welcome, ain't that right Tolwyn ;)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
correct. mustanger, for example, has already joined the team ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline nowd

mustanger, for example, has already joined the team
Really? Glad to hear that. I liked both of his missions he submited so far.
Especially the second one with the cinematic at the end.

Hey, glad to hear you enjoyed the missions!

And yes, it is true, I have joined the team. :) 

Honestly, I'm having a lot of fun with this stuff, and I think you will be fully impressed with the final release.  As far as the fredding is concerned, it is not rocket science, but some of the more complex actions can be a bit difficult.  Overall though, I think mission design is largely routine, with a few twists to make them more interesting.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I think mission design is largely routine, with a few twists to make them more interesting.

Yep. Once you have the autopilot working it is fairly easy to build a mission. Granted, when it comes to complex events it may take a while, but as long as you encounter a bunch of fighters (in other words, mission design similar to Wing Commander 3) building a mission will take only a few hours. :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
It Just makes me crazy to even think about it.  I have now had dreams about doing flybys of the Tigers Claw.. (I am not kidding) lol...
I haven't had a dream while sleeping but I definitely want to see this happen sometime.  Bring the old WC1 ships into a modern 3D environment and bring them up to snuff.  It'd be great fun!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."