Author Topic: Status-Report  (Read 6881 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
That is nothing, absolutely nothing compared to the number of ships in the full game. :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I don't doubt that. But it's certainly enough to do something with. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline nowd

Speaking about ships, I'd like to ask some questions about the databank update:
-Vaktoth: You give 435 kps Speed. The wcnews.com encyclopedia gives it 410 (Link) ans the Victory Streak gives it 380.
Now here is the question: Which one is correct or which one is actually used in the original game?  :confused:

-Rapier: Nice entry (The sabre is awesome too):
But I was a little bit surprised as is saw its YPR-values. It handles even better than an ArroW. I know that you can't really compare WC3 and WC2 values but the Arena manual gives the different Rapier-variants lower YPR values than the Arrow and since the Rapier is a medium fighter and the Arrow a light fighter/Interceptor....shouldn't the Arrow have more manoeuvrability than the Rapier?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Speaking about ships, I'd like to ask some questions about the databank update:
-Vaktoth: You give 435 kps Speed. The wcnews.com encyclopedia gives it 410 (Link) ans the Victory Streak gives it 380.
Now here is the question: Which one is correct or which one is actually used in the original game?  :confused:

It is a typo.

-Rapier: Nice entry (The sabre is awesome too):
But I was a little bit surprised as is saw its YPR-values. It handles even better than an ArroW. I know that you can't really compare WC3 and WC2 values but the Arena manual gives the different Rapier-variants lower YPR values than the Arrow and since the Rapier is a medium fighter and the Arrow a light fighter/Interceptor....shouldn't the Arrow have more manoeuvrability than the Rapier?

I've used values extracted from the game. These can be viewed on www.wcrevival.de

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Drakon

• Thud-Wielding Menace
Comparing the ships I'm surprised by how the stats compare. If it weren't for the dismal lack of sufficient decoys a couple of them would outclass the fighters that replaced them. It's good to see the database updated - you guys did a great job with it. Can hardly wait for more Kilrathi capships, the few missing weapons, and a couple of miscellaneous things to appear. It's all great to see - thanks for the update. :D
C.M.C. "Drakon" Cunningham

Writer, WCIII/IV junkie, one-time Freelancer hotshot, and uh... quaintly eccentric.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Comparing the ships I'm surprised by how the stats compare. If it weren't for the dismal lack of sufficient decoys a couple of them would outclass the fighters that replaced them. It's good to see the database updated - you guys did a great job with it. Can hardly wait for more Kilrathi capships, the few missing weapons, and a couple of miscellaneous things to appear. It's all great to see - thanks for the update. :D

Warships (and additional fighters) will be added in due course. For the time being we've added two additional fighters (Sorthak & Strakha to the database). Some incorrect stats were fixed and class names were adjusted.

-WC Saga's beta tester