Author Topic: Remastered WC Saga Idea Track  (Read 2464 times)

Remastered WC Saga Idea Track
Hey guys, this is my first post, and I'd like to start by saying how much I love the game. It's brilliant, so please keep up the good work.

I was listening to the music you've posted on the website and I thought that while the music was really great (I love it) the mix sounded a bit flat. Being an ametuer sound techie I immediately opened it up in my wave editor and had a little fiddle. There isn't a huge difference between tracks, but I have brightened it up a lot, boosted the bass at 100Hz a little bit to give the percussion a bit more impact, boosted the mid range at 5k to give the brass a bit more razz and limited it so that it's now a bit louder.

WC Saga Idea track download

I don't know if you'll like it or not, but I would appreciate some feedback - good or bad.

Thanks guys, and keep up the good work.

EDIT: The remastered inflight track also
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:22:49 am by Happy Camper »

Offline Drakon

• Thud-Wielding Menace
Re: Remastered WC Saga Idea Track
The transfer rate is only a few KB, it'd take me 3 hours to download them. :ick: From the looks of the post though I imagine that redone music may be pretty cool stuff. I can't wait until the download finishes. ;) *hopes the thunderstorm overhead won't make the power flicker before noon*
C.M.C. "Drakon" Cunningham

Writer, WCIII/IV junkie, one-time Freelancer hotshot, and uh... quaintly eccentric.

I hope it's worth the wait! The changes aren't so substantial that you'd think "Wow! What a difference" although I might be able to if I can get a hold of the original wav files, but I do think it adds a bit of extra sparkle.

I'd very much like to hear from anyone who thinks differently - so long as it's constructive.

I'd very much like to hear from anyone who thinks differently - so long as it's constructive.

You are a disgrace, pilot.

Dismissed.

:lol: Just Command's way of being constructive.

I'm downloading it now. I really liked the original WCSaga idea; by far the best music of the release. One little bit of advice. You guys have the resources to create your own original soundtrack. It's nice to have some of the original Wing Commander music for the sake of nostalgia, but considering the quality of music that you total conversion teams seem able to make- the BtRL soundtrack, for example- I think it would be nice if you made more of this stuff yourself rather than relying on the original WC music so much. I don't mean to postpone the release by another 2 years, though.

I haven't changed the music at all. I just played with the mp3 a bit to make it sound a bit better. I really like the new music too.

And your first post is a contribution to the community! Impressive!
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.