Author Topic: NEWS : Sabre  (Read 7013 times)

only in the simulator. Sabre/Rapier/Ferret are part of the system security forces and are no longer stationed on fleet carriers by the end of the war.

I don't think this is accurate. If anything, these designs are all (or mostly - the Ferret is known to be older) newer than the fighters flying off of the Victory in Wing Commander 3. All three of these designs are still front line units at the end of Fleet Action (late 2668/early 2669), mere months before Wing Commander III. That same story makes it clear that things like the Sabre-D upgrades are part of the backbone of the fleet's future plans... and Rapier II variants, at least, are still flying for the Confederation through the Nephilim War.
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
http://www.wcnews.com

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
If the Arrow and Thunderbolt can be consistently upgraded, why not the Ferret and Sabre? Raptors flew in front-line service for decades before WC1.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
only in the simulator. Sabre/Rapier/Ferret are part of the system security forces and are no longer stationed on fleet carriers by the end of the war.

I don't think this is accurate. If anything, these designs are all (or mostly - the Ferret is known to be older) newer than the fighters flying off of the Victory in Wing Commander 3. All three of these designs are still front line units at the end of Fleet Action (late 2668/early 2669), mere months before Wing Commander III. That same story makes it clear that things like the Sabre-D upgrades are part of the backbone of the fleet's future plans... and Rapier II variants, at least, are still flying for the Confederation through the Nephilim War.

thanks!

I'll add this to my long to-do list ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
If the Arrow and Thunderbolt can be consistently upgraded, why not the Ferret and Sabre? Raptors flew in front-line service for decades before WC1.
Thats where all of the books and games together and the inherent need for a sequel to introduce new ships to fly combine to make no sense whatsoever.  But don't try and tell people that :)
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Wolfy

which will require some minor table adjustments via ships.tbm.

umm, why not have them all flyable anyway for the sake of 3rd party missions? :S
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
which will require some minor table adjustments via ships.tbm.

umm, why not have them all flyable anyway for the sake of 3rd party missions? :S

because we will need additional tbl entries for that. :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis