Author Topic: Need Help with FRED 3.6.9  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Reborn

Need Help with FRED 3.6.9
Hi guys, I guess I need some help.

Not with the editor itself, spending some time with it solved most of the problems occurred.
BUT... i really cant figure out how to play my missions in WCS.

It seems to me, that the standard missions (campaigns?) are .vp 's. I also found the VPMAGE on wcsaga.com and tried to build a .vp from one of my test missions. somehow -after 2 hours of trial an error- i had one 13MB big mission (i really don't know why its that big, its just a Jump Node and two ships) in the .vp format.

I'm pretty sure that this isn't the way it should be done.
Long story short, neither the .fs2 nor the .vp worked ingame - i couldn't even see them.

Could someone maybe tell me what i did wrong (and even better: how to do it right? :P )
I really hope it's possible to create your own missions, WCS has great potential!

Thanks in advance,
Reborn

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: Need Help with FRED 3.6.9
simple: place the mission inside the data\missions dir. Go into the game, select tech database/simulator/single missions- Voila, there it is. If you created a campaign file though, then you must select your campaign in the campaign room and then click continue.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Reborn

guess i was too used to more complicated procedures^^

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Glad I could help ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Geez, Tolwyn.. :welcome: him already!  XD