Author Topic: Mission with Scooby's models  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Mission with Scooby's models
Has anyone made a mission using Scooby doo's models and weapons?
They are awesome ,but when i rebuilt "Bombing run" mission to use them it was completely off balance (transports were very heavily armed and moved faster than my bomber ,it was nearly impossible to kill them even without Dralthi Mk5 on tail).
Of course i tried to make one myself ,but never managed to make it feel WC-ish.
So i wonder if somebody "professional" made a good mission with the Scooby's models ,because i would like to see them in real action ,not just barely adapted demo mission.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: Mission with Scooby's models
Yup, Scooby used completely different values in his tables, so his models might not work with Saga's dataset. I believe, that Tinman has built a small campaign using a mixture of Saga's and Scooby's models. He is currently looking for beta testers. ;)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Re: Mission with Scooby's models
Well the table entries for the ships aren't balanced that great. I'm kinda-rebalancing them as we speak, I've just finished up to and including Phantom (alphabetically, fighters only).  I'm sure if there were other people working with me, they could do the balancing, just don't have time myself.  Also I'm resizing them down to Saga's size. 

Oh and eventually those fixes will get replaced with a "finalized" re-textured, external cockpit view (as in http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,50349.0.html) version.  (Hint look at the "The Official Saga eyecandy" thread for some idea whats in store for ship textures  :nod:)
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"