Author Topic: Knossos installer?  (Read 948 times)

Has there any discussion about getting WCS into the Knossos installer?  It would nice to see this available to a new group of players.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Given that Knossos only works with FSO 3.8 and that WCS is incompatible with that version of the engine, it's probably not going to happen.
Let there be light
Let there be moon
Let there be stars and let there be you
Let there be monsters and let there be pain
Let us begin to feel again
--Devin Townsend, Genesis

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
I'll be making a beta WCS for "normal" FSO release within the week.  That will work with Knossos.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Are you going to reimplement the sexps the WCS team added in? I mean, we have that technology in the nightly builds now, you could reimplement the sexps using lua.....
Let there be light
Let there be moon
Let there be stars and let there be you
Let there be monsters and let there be pain
Let us begin to feel again
--Devin Townsend, Genesis

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
The missions all work 99% now in regular FSO.  I've either replaced with a Standard SEXP or made a script to address anything else.  What's missing is the hide-ship-name stuff Admiral Ralwood mentioned he had in a WIP code branch, and the "force-battle-music" SEXP for which I don't have a solution at the moment -- thus a "beta" release.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

I and I am sure others appreciate the work being done.