Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48325 times)

Offline crizza

Ten bucks per month and you're fine.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
That's deliberate.  Wargaming deliberately makes higher tier tanks unprofitable to keep the middle and lower tiers populated.  You'll always always make money on Tier 1-5 tanks unless you really **** up bad, and you'll always lose money on Tier 8-10 tanks unless you're a godlike avatar of death incarnate.

Offline CKid

You know what pisses me off?

That you play a good game with a Tier 8 and up tank, win and still end up in the red!!!!

Bloody ammo and repairs eat up all of my rewards. This is redicolous.

Your good games are not good enough.  :P Joking of course. The moment you mount a 105mm, that's when getting in the green maybe difficult. I use to grind lower tiers to make ends meet, (My Easy 8 crew is on their 4th skills) and still do for fun. I actually bought a Ram2 premium tank recently using Gold received through clanwars and its helps too. Another suggestion is to platoon. Wins will come more often and so will the credits.

Making credits on tier 8 tanks and up is not impossible but it is not all easy when using a standard accout. I usually got a 50/50 chance to see a profit when I use my Tier 9s and 10s.

By the way, have you guys seen the new American heavy tanks with auto loaders: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/172687-new-us-tanks/  ;7
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:50:20 pm by CKid »
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That's deliberate.  Wargaming deliberately makes higher tier tanks unprofitable to keep the middle and lower tiers populated.  You'll always always make money on Tier 1-5 tanks unless you really **** up bad, and you'll always lose money on Tier 8-10 tanks unless you're a godlike avatar of death incarnate.

I know it's deliberate. And it's also despicable.
I don't expect to be earning big bucks with high tier tanks but I do expect to be in the green on victory.

And frankly, if you have to try and force the player to play specific tanks, you game and your design sucks. People should play tanks because they love to drive said tanks, not because they are forced to.

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Specific tanks?  Nope.  Specific tiers of tanks?  Yep.  There are literally four dozen different tanks that are all effective both in-game and at making money.  If you can't find one that you like, that's not exactly Wargaming's fault.

Unless you'd like Tiers 3-6 to be completely devoid of life?

But then, Wargaming also has to actually make money off of their game.  That forces some design decisions that, if viewed in a vacuum, don't look so good, but are effective at generating revenue.  The decreased profitability of higher tier tanks is a big one.  You can spend money on premium, which means your range of viable money makers becomes significantly higher.  Or, you can buy premium tanks, which are without fail exceptional money makers even without premium accounts.

You might not like it, but it very much serves practical purposes to the game.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The idea the people won't immediately go for the biggest thing they can afford and drive it into the ground but will instead lovingly stay with their Matilda because it's just so awesome with a 2lber man, it doesn't even make that awesome rumble when it fires...

Yeah, I'm sorry, have you even looked at the human race? On the test server, money and experience are no object because you have about 100 billion of both. You can't get tier 5 medium/tier 5 heavy into matches more than twice a day, not you, not me, not Jesus, nobody. Below that? You must be joking, there are like six people who queue down there the whole day.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Indeed.  I happen to like my T-34 for more reasons than it makes me money.  I would generally like to be able to find a match for it.  Thanks to higher tiers losing money, that's actually possible.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Higher tiers don't have to loose money.
Lower tiers giving more money is incentive enough.

After all, if playing with a M4 I can earn 4X-5X the amount I earn with a Tiger II, isn't that reason enough to play?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Well, given that currently you make 10x-15x more in your M4 than in a good round on your Tiger II, that incentive is already there.  You just seem to be annoyed at the fact that you have to grind in an MMO.  Horror of horrors.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yes it is.

Forcing you to do stuff you don't particulary enjoy over and over and over, so yo ucan do stuff you do enjoy.
That's called crappy design.

Of course, given that people today gobble up any pice of s*** you serve them, that design apprently sells.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You know, it would behoove you to keep your actual gripe consistent.  You've flipped back and forth now between "It should be fun" (which, incidentally, it is, if you find a tank you like) and "If you make enough extra money it'd be fine".

Plus, if you'd listen to what NGTM-1R had said, this model actually keeps tiers lower than 7 populated enough for play.  That's immensely preferable to having no games below Tier 8 available at any time.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You know why that is so? Because tanks of 3 tiers are pitted against eachother and no one wants to be the lowest tier - and thus weakest.
Now, if matches could be made by 1 tier...you'd probably have poeple playing. I've seen entire clans play in tier 1 tanks.

But enough of this.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Even that complaint is lessened lately, since they shortened the tier spread.  The only problem with play entire one-tier spread games, though, is that there are hardly ever enough of those tanks in the queue.  Seriously, look at the numbers sometime, and I dare challenge you to find an instance of 30+ tanks of the same tier in queue, in any tier.  Then, I invite you to declare where arty land on the tier spread, because a Tier 8 arty in a Tier 8 match is a war crime.  And then, I invite you to decide where scouts should get shoved in, especially in higher tier (9 and 10) games because there aren't any light tanks higher than 8, and even then it's not really a scout.

Matchmaking exists the way it exists because it actually works.  Switching it to a more "balanced" or "effective" system would not work.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
You just have to heavily influence a battle (dealing something like 2700~ and upwards in a tier 10 match in a tier 10 will give you profit, even on death)

Or things like spotting, capture points, and defense points.

Even on a loss I managed to get 90k credits in the E-100 due to dealing 7758 damage. Generally, you can break even or main money in tier 8-10 by dealing your tank's HP or more in damage, tier 7 allows for slightly less than average, tier 1-6 are like "lol whatever, take my silver sir player"
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I dropped off a bridge on Highway at 9 HP remaining, landed on a T34, burned half his health before the wreck slid off. Glorious.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Question..
I got a the US tier 6 tank M4A2E8 ... I now got two options.
To go US heavy (M6 and then onward) or US mediums (T-20 onwards towards Patton and Pershing)

I can't decide where to go.

I still haven't gathered enough XP to unloack the T-20, but I can unlock the M6.
Yet the M6 is also Tier 6 and it looks worse than M4A2E8, so it feels almost like a waste.

Us heavies or US mediums?

Offline crizza

Both?!
The T-20 is a versatile light tank, but don't expect much, while the M6 leads to the T29 and that thing, with the second turret and hull down is quite a tough nut to crack.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You mean you got the E2.  The E8 doesn't research into the M6.  I've got the T20 right now, and though it took some getting used to, it does make a pretty good medium tank.  With the 76 mm it's a flanker, but definitely not a brawler or a sniper, and with the 90 mm you can play it as some hybrid of the two.  Haven't played the M6 so I can't weigh in on it, but the higher tier American heavies are pretty good.

Offline CKid

Hard to pick one. T20 is a nice speedy tank with a good gun, every tank after it just keeps getting better and better. The same can be said for the Heavy line but be warned, untill you get the 90mm on the M6, it will be a pain in the ass. However it is totally worth the grind cause the Tier 7 heavy (T29) that comes after is a dream come true.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Thanks for the advice... will go after the M6 and T29 first then, since I already got neough XP.