Author Topic: My first render...  (Read 5749 times)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Yeh - we want tech details  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator

Originally posted by Setekh:
Yeh - we want tech details  

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm guessing it's the next best thing to an Ares or Erinyes... but don't quote me  

------------------
Webmaster: Hard Light Productions
Staffer and P1mp: Ross128   Sounds of Thunder

Fight the future!

Offline NeoHunter

• Primo Novus Venator
That powerful? Game unbalancing come soon!!! The Shivans are so power already. If they got a fighter like an Areas or an Erinyes, it would really be unfair don't you think?

------------------
Long Live The Fighters!!!

Do or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Yub yub Commander! - Major Wes Janson

GTD Excellence Webmaster
NeoHunter<                   [b][email protected][/b]                                 >                  

Upcoming campaign: Fury Storm

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
I've said it many times, but I'll say it again. The balancing of a ship depends on the environment it is placed in. Sure, one Erinyes is unbalanced when pitted against a lone Loki. But is it a fair comparison? Pit that same Erinyes against two, three, even four Lokis, and things are getting stacked in the other way. Or have it opposite an Ares, which would possibly be better matched.

An excellent example of this is the Colossus. It is armed with several LRBGreens - these things will pulverise any destroyer class without even breaking a sweat, so you could argue that they are unbalanced. But against the Sathanas, the mighty LRBGreens are in fact very weak (when compared to the BFReds).

Make note of this: for uber-ships like the Chimera (both of them, if the Shivan one becomes like the one in the Machina Terra campaign), maybe you could consider putting them in missions a different way. Instead of having four of them to a wing, make them fly in pairs. There you go, balance.
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Hem, anyway, I never aid that it was more powerful than a erynies, don't make me say what I haven't (sp?). The tables for these one aren't done, but I thought of it as a kind of heavy walkyrie, and It sure won't have 8 (!) gun points. Killing a ship in one shot is good for the WC4 Dragon, that's enough for me. But I would like to have a sight on the terran chimera, maybe a non mapped view?

------------------
venom2506
Member of the Robotech mod for FS2
http://robotechlan.com/freespace2/
SCREW CANON!