Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3027346 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.
Today I bid farewell to the 28-year-old vacuum cleaner I inherited from my parents, the only vacuum cleaner I've ever known.

May the Great Hoover In The Sky watch over it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Anything that keeps sucking for that long deserves a salute.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Hey guys, I've returned from the dumb**** that is 'Real life'.
How've you all been?
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm not sure that anyone else here gives a damn about baseball, but holy **** this game.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Cubs won the series, if anyone cares. (10th inning after rain delay.)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
I'm not sure that anyone else here gives a damn about baseball, but holy **** this game.

That Davis 2-run home run to tie the game in the 8th was definitely a jaw-dropper. Hell of a game.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I was mildly entertained by the last 2 innings, which is about the most I've ever cared about baseball.  The fact I was stuck at work with nothing to do might be related.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Baseball....Isn't that just cricket for the uncivilized colony?
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Hey guys, I've returned from the dumb**** that is 'Real life'.
How've you all been?

I just spent an entire day having a discussion with Feminists

More accurately, I asked for an example to provide context to a message that was made without any, they proceeded to berate me for asking them to not just point to a comment in the thread, but to quote them for posterity. Eventually one did, but the quote itself was said in a different context then the original poster's context, which I proceeded to point out which basically had them insult, berate and wish ill will upon me

I then documented everything into a word document. I have some thousands upon thousands of words located in documents which show the interactions I've had with Feminists over the past couple weeks

Anyone want 'em? :P
"No"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Baseball....Isn't that just cricket for the uncivilized colony?

It's a somewhat similar game that makes at least a little bit of sense.  And it only boringly drags on for hours, not days.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I updated our wiki's Template:delete with a proper place to put the reason for deleting the page it is used in. Best part is that it's invisible if left blank. :D
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Finished replaying the brand-spanking old FS1 without mods or FSO while waiting for the election results yesterday. Tonight? Freespace 2, with all of its unmodded goodness.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
To take my mind off the results of the election, today I built a deck of Pokemon cards out of my old collection.  This weekend is an X-wing tournament in Omaha.  Hopefully that will also accomplish the same.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
So, some friends and I decided to go full-metal-nerd and started playing D&D 5e.

I am a multiclassed Wizard (2) / Bard (1).

I am currently trying to decide on my last spell choice from the level 2 list.  I have narrowed it to Flaming Sphere or Scorching Ray or Levitate.  Anyone want to give some advice?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
5th edition is amazing.  What school of magic did you specialize in?  If you haven't picked that yet, my highest recommendation goes to Divination.

Which spell you pick is largely dependent on how your character is built.  Flaming Sphere requires a bonus action to move, so if you're using bonus actions as part of your Bard abilities its utility is going to be significantly reduced.  If you want a damage spell, I'd actually recommending picking Hellish Rebuke because it takes a reaction instead.  Reactions are significantly less common, especially if you're staying at range and not frequently engaging in attacks of opportunity.  Otherwise, I'd go with Shield if you don't already have it, for much the same reason.  Shield will also block all damage from Magic Missile, and bumps your AC by a whopping five points until the start of your next turn against all attacks.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
5th edition is amazing.  What school of magic did you specialize in?  If you haven't picked that yet, my highest recommendation goes to Divination.

Which spell you pick is largely dependent on how your character is built.  Flaming Sphere requires a bonus action to move, so if you're using bonus actions as part of your Bard abilities its utility is going to be significantly reduced.  If you want a damage spell, I'd actually recommending picking Hellish Rebuke because it takes a reaction instead.  Reactions are significantly less common, especially if you're staying at range and not frequently engaging in attacks of opportunity.  Otherwise, I'd go with Shield if you don't already have it, for much the same reason.  Shield will also block all damage from Magic Missile, and bumps your AC by a whopping five points until the start of your next turn against all attacks.

Wizard Spells Level 1:
- Magic Missile
- Shield
- Detect Magic
- Sleep
- Charm Person
- Thunderwave

Bard Spells (Level 1):
- Cure Wounds
- Healing Word
- Faerie Fire
- Unseen Servant

Wizard Spells (Level 2):
- Misty Step
- ???

(Cantrips not included above). I am currently debating between divination and evocation schools.  Evocation may be useful because I plan to take a number of the evocation AoE spells, and the Sculpt Spells ability will make my group not hate me; I'm leaning heavily toward it.  But I have to say, Portent is mighty tempting.  Only trouble is, the remaining divination upgrades don't appeal that much (except Greater Portent)  Hellish Rebuke is not in the Wizard spell list.

My narrowed choices for my second spell choice in Wiz2 were:  invisibility, levitate, shatter, scorching ray, flaming sphere.  I think I'm going to save shatter and invisibility for leveling in bard, hence the three choices left.  Flaming sphere, provided I hold concentration, lasts 10 rounds of combat and still inflicts damage on a save, versus scorching ray which is three spell attacks doing 2d6 each.  Right now my lean is to scorching ray.  As fr bard bonus actions, I only have one bardic inspiration die per rest, so its not a real concern.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
If you take Burning Sphere I would do Divination.  Remember, Portent can be used on any roll you can see - including enemy saves.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I just spent an entire day having a discussion with Feminists

More accurately, I asked for an example to provide context to a message that was made without any, they proceeded to berate me for asking them to not just point to a comment in the thread, but to quote them for posterity. Eventually one did, but the quote itself was said in a different context then the original poster's context, which I proceeded to point out which basically had them insult, berate and wish ill will upon me

I then documented everything into a word document. I have some thousands upon thousands of words located in documents which show the interactions I've had with Feminists over the past couple weeks

Anyone want 'em? :P

Ah Feminists....Always a laugh. It's like playing Dark Souls on social media. At first you have no idea and get the **** kicked out of you, and slightly demoralized/angry. Then you get good, level your Int, and rain the proverbial pain on their brainwashed little heads. Plus with Trump getting elected, they are all just delightfully more high strung than usual!

It's a somewhat similar game that makes at least a little bit of sense.  And it only boringly drags on for hours, not days.

But does it have things with silly names like "Wickets"? :P

The Force shall free me.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Tonight? I dine on fail steak.

Or more specifically, realized that these little beef bastards had an unusual amount of grease that turned my attempt with an olive oil coat into a beam cannon light festival.

It tastes and feels like leather.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Don't ever cook stuff with olive oil under high heat, or exposed to a flame.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.