Author Topic: Rogue One  (Read 15046 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
We saw the SD firing in ANH of course, and they were spitting fire at the Falcon frequently in ESB.  In ROTJ however, I only recall seeing some fire being exchanged when the two fleets start firing broadside at each other.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Conserving Tibanna gas!  Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes, unless Vader himself is breathing down your neck!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
In ROTJ however, I only recall seeing some fire being exchanged when the two fleets start firing broadside at each other.

One brief scene of a Neb-B broadsiding a freakin small part of an ISD?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
In ROTJ however, I only recall seeing some fire being exchanged when the two fleets start firing broadside at each other.

One brief scene of a Neb-B broadsiding a freakin small part of an ISD?

It's the Executor it's broadsiding, not just any ISD! How it survived that is of course quite a puzzle... but maybe it didn't. Also there's shots where ISD's and Mon Cals are firing at each other in the background, during the final Executor scenes.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Here is a link that discusses how the official novelization ties up some of the loose threads, such as why the Tantive IV was docked in the Profundity during the battle.  I haven't read it all yet and i am going to bed now but wanted to share while it was on my mind.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-novelization/
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I read it. Their explanation doesn't actually counter any of the issues I raised with why the hell she'd run to Tatooine instead of anywhere else she could have run to. In ANH Leia's actions were simply complete desperation that could have easily gone wrong. If you add Rogue One into the mix you then have her concoct this whole plan to go to Tatooine that could have failed if a single gunner had decided that he might as well do a little target practice with an empty escape pod.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I decided to pick up a couple of Bandai's new releases for Rogue One.  This was my first crack at building a kit of this nature but it went together very easily and was a great base for weathering and detailing.   

1/12th Shoretrooper:

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”