Author Topic: GTM Hippocrates WIP  (Read 81320 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
No no no, you've got the sequence of events all wrong.

It can be a couple ways, but I've usually seen it: Model, turret, UV Map, texture, then it is imported into POF format.

Anyway, he probably knows that all has to be done already. :P
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 03:02:20 pm by Hades »
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

No no no, you've got the sequence of events all wrong.

It can be a couple ways, but I've usually seen it: Model, turret, UV Map, texture, then it is imported into POF format.

Anyway, he probably knows that all has to be done already. :P
Without a huge pain in the :mad: about this, why don't we just say the model is all that's done, alright?

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
It can be a couple ways, but I've usually seen it: Model, turret, UV Map, texture, turret, then it is imported into POF format.
Fixed the order, because unless you're wanting to make fully turretted but not textured renderings or have pre-textured turrets, there's no point at all in scattering untextured turrets all over a model, and it does in fact double the work involved in placing them before conversion. ;)

(The exception to this rule is if you use instanced geometry, but that's usually not the case. The ideal method is to build one turret of each type you'll have on your final model and UV and texture those with the hull. Then before conversion you duplicate the turrets and move them into their final positions.)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
but the model is done IIRC, the only thing left are the textures right?
The model is all that's done.
And that is all I really know how to do at this point, though I'm slowly learning how to UV map. It would take a really long time for me to learn how to do everything myself especially on the scale that this model has become so I've turned it over to the community to finish. Last I knew peterv was working on mapping this monster but I don't know how far he has gotten with it. Patience is called for here as it is a long process to go from raw model to finished product. It took me months to build the thing and I'm sure it will take many more to properly map, texture, turret and convert the thing.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Here's an idea. How about someone get it properly (and cleanly) converted into a standard-ish model format like .obj or .3ds (with proper smoothing if there is proper smoothing to be had) and upload it somewhere where everyone can get access to it.

Offline peterv

ATTENTION!

1.The UV of our ambulance is finished.

2.We need a texture artist.

http://www.mediafire.com/?suew62abxczhcp4

In the rar file there are the UV, a 3ds, a POF and a VP file with the same POF and my awnfull textures. The POF is not functional, it's just for the texture artist to check the job in-game.

YOU who will accept the job will earn:

1. A cookie (provided by Galemp, i don't have any).
2. My personall gratitude which will be very helpfull in the afterlife.
3. Lovely conversations about creativity philosophies, also very helpfull in the afterlife.
4. The POF.

WARNING: If noone appears, I will do the job. As a result, the Hippo will be too embarrassed to appear again in FS2.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 09:26:29 am by peterv »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
YES!

Someone? Textures?
el hombre vicio...

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Ooh nice.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Has always been one of my favorite ships. Now it looks dazzletastic. Or it will, at least!
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Egads. Yeah, I'm still working on painting this puppy. It's been on my to-do list for awhile now actually.

So, who wants to tackle getting proper LODs and Debris for a functional POF?
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline peterv

Egad. Yeah, I'm still working on painting this puppy. It's been on my Tod list for awhile now actually.

So, who wants to tackle getting proper Lords and Debris for a functional POF?

EMERGENCY!!!

GALEMP I NEED A COOKIE!!!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Zacam seems to have predictive text turned on in his browser. :D
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
It lives, Thanks peterv I know mapping this monster had to be a humongous pain in the ass.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours

Offline peterv

It's been an honour and a pleasure sir  :pimp:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Woo!  It's not a bunch of rectangles anymore! :yes:

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Now the Hippo is a good looking Nebulon B ripoff, good job peterv and BrotherBryon
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Nice job on this :)
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline Minuit

Nice job on this :)

Aye. It looks awesome.

Offline dANGER boy

• New and improved, v2.0
    • Vortex Research & Design
CoolPoint(TM) for each of the people who worked on this sexy beast.  Me likes.  Can't wait for next official MVP release.
[21:39] * Now talking in #hard-light
[21:39] <Zacam> Dear. God.
[21:39] * dANGER_boy is now known as God
[21:39] <God> Yes, I'm here
[21:39] <Zacam> I'd like to file a bug report.
[21:40] * thesizzler is now known as Jesus
[21:40] <Jesus> sup
[21:40] <God> Check with my secretary.
[21:40] <Jesus> hey dad
[21:40] <Zacam> Regarding the INANE flaws in human intelligence and the equality (or disparity) therof.
[21:40] * God points at Jesus
[21:40] * mura is now known as WhitePidgeon
[21:40] <+WhitePidgeon> kuuuuu