Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 273890 times)

Offline Patriot

The TDR-9S got a huge nerf(probably deserved) to it's ER PPC quirks, it had 50% less heat gen when you had those equipped, now it's only 25% for ER PPCs(combined Energy Weapon and ER PPC specific quirks).

So i'm guessing that's why Stalkers became so prevalent among IS forces. I'm a little annoyed that they changed the BNC-3M's quirks from the Large Pulse Lasers to something completely different right after they introduced its Champion variant with all those LPLs, kind of defeats the point of building that Champion to use the quirks if you're changing them the next patch anyways :/

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
now its stalkers? when i stopped even bothering to try, the meta was thunderbolts and ppc inferno.

Yep.  Still see some TDRs doing their PPC spam thing, but not everyone all the time.

I'm annoyed that clan mechs seem to have more negative quirks than IS mechs.  I get trying to balance things, but it seems things have gone a bit too far and clan mechs are no longer as fearsome as they used to be.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
now its stalkers? when i stopped even bothering to try, the meta was thunderbolts and ppc inferno.

Yep.  Still see some TDRs doing their PPC spam thing, but not everyone all the time.

I'm annoyed that clan mechs seem to have more negative quirks than IS mechs.  I get trying to balance things, but it seems things have gone a bit too far and clan mechs are no longer as fearsome as they used to be.

Funnily enough, my two most successfully used mechs are Stalkers and Timberwolves...

Also, you did not run into many stormcrows lately, have you? :p
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It's often been Stalkers down the years. It always comes back to them, honestly. Hence why I have one.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

My Misery is still a go-to unit when I'm not doing anything in particular and just want a bit of firepower.

By the by, what's everyone's opinion on the UrbanMech?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
My Misery is still a go-to unit when I'm not doing anything in particular and just want a bit of firepower.

By the by, what's everyone's opinion on the UrbanMech?

i make it a personal mission to kill and chase each urbie i see.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I am still trying to emulate Liao Urbanmech with AC-20 somehow.

Then I will lurk and surprise people with my massive penis gun.

A Feddie Story

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I am still trying to emulate Liao Urbanmech with AC-20 somehow.

Then I will lurk and surprise people with my massive penis gun.
what, UM-R60L according to sarna?

Eh? Quick and filthy fiddle on smurfy...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:30:25 pm by pecenipicek »

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
what, UM-R60L according to sarna?

Eh? Quick and filthy fiddle on smurfy...

Actually according to my Record Sheets 3025 copy, but I'm poor so the problem is affording it.

A Feddie Story

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Decided to have lols and build a mech from BattleTech canon.  Allow me to present the Dire Wolf 'Hohiro', piloted by Hohiro Kurita during the Clan Invasion.  Did 1171 damage and 6 kills on the first solo drop.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft

You mean aside from Tukayyid being hosted as the first real Community Warfare event?
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
The **** is this?

Not as stupid as it sounds. ComStar did supposedly hire a number of smaller, more elite mercenary units for Tukkayid.

A Feddie Story

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Who represents Precentor Focht on this one?

Also, I.S. Pilots, load up on your artillery charges. :D
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The **** is this?

Not as stupid as it sounds. ComStar did supposedly hire a number of smaller, more elite mercenary units for Tukkayid.

The stupid part is PGI deciding to go with the largest battle in all of BattleTech for a hundred years in any direction on the timeline as their first community event.

They quite literally cannot do a bigger one.  At all.

What about the invasion of Strana Mechty? Wasn't that also a pretty big campaign?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:59:05 am by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
What about the invasion of Strana Mechty? Wasn't that also a pretty big campaign?

Actually pretty small, since it was fought in the manner of a Clan Trial.

A Feddie Story

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter

The problem with BT is, most of the large exciting battles are actually large, exciting campaigns. Large pitched battles like Tukayyid are a huge anomaly.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
There were really only two pitched battles of the Clan Invasion, maybe four. The for sures are Luthien and Tukkayid; the maybes are Rasalhague and Twycross.

The only one of the destruction of Clan Smoke Jaguar was the invasion of Huntress. None for Operation Audacity or the FedCom Civil War that reached that scale.

A Feddie Story

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I'm just concerned that they attempt Tukayyid right off the bat.  Why not start with the earlier battles for the capitals?  Ohhhhhhhh... just checked Sarna.  The Battle of Tukayyid went from May 1 to 20.  They're trying to keep sync with the canon events.