Author Topic: Free "Prince of Persia" from Ubisoft  (Read 1300 times)

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Free "Prince of Persia" from Ubisoft
https://30years.ubi.com/en-US/operation-index

"To celebrate Ubisoft's 30th anniversary, The Ubisoft Club is offering you seven digital PC games. Every month a new game will be revealed and free to download. Then its yours to keep!
Hurry up, the game is available for a limited time." 

You have to use a Uplay account, but hey, the game is free!
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Re: Free "Prince of Persia" from Ubisoft
You can also get it on GOG for 3.5€ or 4$. I would definitely consider paying that much to avoid using uplay.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If I wanted to use uplay...

...why would I want to use uplay?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Kind of like Origin - I was already forced to have Uplay for H.A.W.X.2  :banghead:, so I might as well take advantage of it to get free games.   :D
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Well, I already have a UPlay account, so I claimed it, but damned if I'll actually install the client in order to download the game; I already own it on Steam and GOG, in addition to the original PS2 version, and I would rather dust off the PS2 and deal with its 480p resolution than install the UPlay client.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I had a REALLY old Ubisoft account converted to a uplay account for me back when they started it up.  I found out when I installed rocksmith and discovered it required uplay, and when I tried to sign up it told me I already had an account.  I'm pretty sure the old game was the original Far Cry.  That's how hard they are trying to behavior track us.  Still, never had to install the uplay client itself until... I think it was one of the Assassin's Creeds that I bought FROM ****ING STEAM double downed on the DRM clients.  This reminds me I need to go make sure I got it fully un-installed.

I claimed it, but won't install it unless I can find a way to defeat the client requirement.
I like to stare at the sun.

Not sure what you mean by "defeat the client requirements". There's only 1 way to get rid of uplay requirements and it's not exactly legal.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:23:09 pm by FrikgFeek »
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
1.  Not installing uplay trash.
2.  Sands of Time had atrocious controls on PC.  Some sections were basically unplayable with keyboard and mouse.  Pass.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

You know, you can just use a gamepad instead. You can buy some pretty good ones for like 10€ nowadays.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I have the old retail version of Sands of Time and don't think it had any DRM at all. Same goes for Far Cry and the first two Splinter Cells. I generally don't like these third-person melee games with checkpoint saves though, and find games like Assassin's Creed irritating and not fun to play even though they have good ideas.

Sands of time had standard CD DRM for the time, it won't run unless disc 2 is inserted.