Author Topic: weapon models  (Read 34355 times)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Very buggy right now, missile rendering seems to be cut off using based on the position of the light source (like it uses stencil shadows to determine where NOT to render the missle). However, it is a start.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
eh, it uses the fireing point and orientation of the ship to determine a clip plane. could someone try to figuer out the cercomstances under wich missles get drawn wrongly? (I'm guessing it will have something to do with ships explodeing or jumping in)

I have uploaded an update that should fix the problem of rendering more missles than you have
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
Sorry, I can't seem to do anything other than drool at the Herc 1 model to say anything coherent....
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Ok, i didnt want to bug all the coders on the SCP but now youve made me do it

Good feature: "Dynamic weapon points"

Basicly each ship has multiple models for their secondary weapon bays,  say x-small (furry) small (swarm) med (harpoon size) large(trebs mabye) and x-large(bombs!)

ok those are just examples of sme sizes, anyways the fighters would have multiple weapon submodels and dependiong on the size of the weapon you picked (from loadout size) it would display a different one, each would also have their own set of firepoints assigned.

So ssay you loadout an erynies with furries, then instead of the normal 5 holes you see 10 or so, if you somehow magicly cram helios's in it you see just one big hole for each "clip"
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Originally posted by Bobboau
keep in mind this is just an early implementation of the rendering code it can't do anything complex yet.

This is so cool!  I hope this does not end up like the shadow build though....   :doubt:
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by FireCrack
Bad feature.  No cookie for you.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i could use this if i could get a "non_reloadable" weapon flag. id love to hang a full size meson torpedo on the underside of a maelstrom gunboat. instead of the smaller bay launched version. when fired the bomb would go byebye and blow some stuff up.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack

Basicly each ship has multiple models for their secondary weapon bays, say x-small (furry) small (swarm) med (harpoon size) large(trebs mabye) and x-large(bombs!)

Use different ships for each type of missile. It's more realistic and gives you an excuse to add more ships. :p

I'm pretty sure you can limit the type of weapons allowed in each bank, too, which is another way to flesh out a ship.

The GTVA's not going to retool a fighter every time a pilot wants to use a different size missile.

Edit: Nuke, maybe just add a third secondary that only one Meson bomb can fit in and with one missile point and only allowing a Meson bomb?
-C

Offline Lynx

Are the missile models destroyable?
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day, but set fire to him and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Originally posted by WMCoolmon

The GTVA's not going to retool a fighter every time a pilot wants to use a different size missile.

so they'l be launching helios's out of furry sized ports and vice versa?

I think not, there are probably diferent ammo racks that are inserted into the ships seondary bays, each with a different faceplate.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Gank

So high poly missiles are needed? Whats an acceptable polycount?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Gank
So high poly missiles are needed? Whats an acceptable polycount?

I can handle whatever. :p

Go ahead. Make them ~300 polies. :D
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Gank

One 300 poly tempest (294 to be exact)

Offline redmenace

nice, anyone want to map it?
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Gank

I'll do that meself as soon as gmax downloads, prob be a day or two before its finished. Missiles use lods right?

Offline redmenace

There are some High Poly missles already done IIRC

Yes, LOD them please.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Gank

Which ones, theres a hornet model in my models folder from somewhere but its a bit wasteful on polys.

Lod 2 should be what, less than 50?

Offline redmenace

use your best judgement. But there were lessons learned from the highpoly hornet that indicated that LODs should be used. I am not a moddelor, but maybe we should use the the original LODs, with the exception of LOD0 since that is the one that would be used on the outside of the fighter or bomber.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline terren

I have a Shiven (black red and darker red) High poly torpedo, that's around 900.  the thing looks Amazing let me see if I can find webspace for a few screenies.

if anyone wants to host them for me, I'll be happy to let you.
Proud user of wings 3-D

Mad? Oh yes quite mad.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
it's already prety waistfull in rendering as it is,  I would recomend not makeing 900 poly missles, just make 8 point cylender versions of the exsisting models should be more than enough (maybe more for the big bombs)
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together