Author Topic: Joystick Thoughts  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Hey HLP,

I've finally decided that I should invest in a better joystick than my old and cheap Logitech. The TM T16000M is on sale right now for $40 and I figured this was a good place to ask if anyone had experience with the stick.
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Hey HLP,

I've finally decided that I should invest in a better joystick than my old and cheap Logitech. The TM T16000M is on sale right now for $40 and I figured this was a good place to ask if anyone had experience with the stick.

It's not like there are many alternatives at that price.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Not with that particular stick, but you can't go wrong with Thrustmaster IMO.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I've seen other posts where people like that stick.    Here's one: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91658.0

Might be other thoughts in here: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91694.0

Good luck!
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

I actually love this stick for it's smooth X/Y axis (and I used to use a Warthog with an extension) . In fact I decided to use it as the base for a custom stick I created.

I bought a second used off Ebay to create a custom left handed joystick for 6DOF games.  For the right and left stick tops I purchased cheap serial versions of the CH Products Fighterstick and the PRO Throttle.  I love all the buttons and POV hats at my finger tips coupled with the smooth and accurate HAL effect X&Y axis on the T16000m base.

So save some money and get the T16000m.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Thanks all!
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED

Offline johnney351

• bring'em on!
Yep, the Thrustmaster T16000m is the way to go, I've been using the Thrustmaster T.Flightstick pro for about 4 years now, still very good, not precise but it gets the job done ! even now. I'm looking to upgrade / try out the T16000m sometime this year..

rgds
j
Cheers
John