Author Topic: SD Demon  (Read 33900 times)

I know what you guys think. And the answer is no.

Plz, I have Argo, Perseus, Myrmidon and lots of other stuff to do -___-. I don't want to disappear!

Of course you may upgrade the whole FS fleet before disappearing :D

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Um, anyone seen Oddgrim in a while?

:shaking:  :shaking:  :eek2:

Well HLP has profiles and Discord has a search function ^^

Not to mention that even if people disappear, they can sometimes come back. Hell, I disappeared for 17 years and I'm back now! Don't tell me that you don't find my return reassuring! ;) :D :cool:

Then again, I didn't disappear after trying to mod the SD Demon. I'm told that is a more permanent type of disappearance. Maybe I dodged a bullet there... :nervous: :shaking: :nervous:
REPUBLICANO FACTIO DELENDA EST

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."
--Su-tehp, while posting on the DatDB internal forum

"The meaning of life is that in the end you always get screwed."
--The Catch 42 Expression, The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast

Waiting another 17 years for a HTL Demon be like :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
Waiting another 17 years for a HTL Demon be like :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Could be worse. You could be waiting 17 years at least for the release of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign!

Oh, wait.... :nervous:

Creator of the Devil and the Deep Blue campaign - Current Story Editor of the Exile campaign

"Let my people handle this, we're trained professionals. Well, we're semi-trained, quasi-professionals, at any rate." --Roy Greenhilt,
The Order of the Stick

"Let´s face it, we Freespace players may not be the most sophisticated of gaming freaks, but we do know enough to recognize a heap of steaming crap when it´s right in front of us."

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist
I had a feeling that it was the end when Oddgrim mentioned how he was scrapping the progress he made on the Demon to start anew.

Nyctaeus might as well just take on the Demon.

As the most CURSED Freespace model in existence, surely someone will give it a go? At this point it's meme worthy.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
A couple months back Oddgrim took on the Demon and basically finished the model and textures, but decided that he needs to start it over to do it properly.

Since then, not a single sign of life from him, as per the Demon curse.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
A couple months back Oddgrim took on the Demon and basically finished the model and textures, but decided that he needs to start it over to do it properly.

Since then, not a single sign of life from him, as per the Demon curse.
The mesh was far from being completed. Same with textures. What you see in p3d in the first post is something about 35% job done.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

It looked pretty good though, certainly would've taken that one.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
[DATA EXPUNGED] Is a phenomenon in where anyone who attempts to recreate or enhance the 3d model "capital04.pof" from the 1999 6dof space combat game [DELETED] will; after a period between 4-5 months- either: lose all or most 3d modeling ability and socially isolate, or in some rare cases vanish entirely.

It is not certain if it is the amount of time since a new model is started, or the level of completion that triggers the anomalous effects.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Addendum 1:

A neural-net was trained to re-master 3d spaceship models, upon attempting to process the SD Demon model, the sever room caught fire.
All data regarding [REMOVED] was removed.

Addendum 2:

"haha lol, their forum board is also called SCP, hahaha the Irony. ."

Addendum 3:

After reviewing some blender tutorials, [______] was tasked with making an HTL SD Demon, [_____] gave up after 4 weeks, [_____] now has a strong psychological aversion to all 3d modeling software, which has now been incorporated into it's containment procedures.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry I couldn't help myself.  :wakka:
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
inb4 Oddgrim is bakk!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

inb4 Oddgrim is bakk!

inb4 Oddgrim finishes the model ;)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I feel this Discord exchange is relevant here.

[4:10 PM] KENNY: Any Demon news Oddgrim?
[4:14 PM] Asteroth: I am the head of the Church of the HTL Demon
[4:15 PM] Asteroth: And our first tenant is not to pester our patron saints (may most of them rest in peace) over the status of the coming of our lord and savior
[4:15 PM] KENNY: Praise be
[4:15 PM] Asteroth: Like beautiful animals in the woods, our saints must be observed and respected, and we may silently hope they may one day bring the holy one to us
[4:16 PM] Spazz Maticus: How do you respond to claims that the HTL Demon isn't real?
[4:16 PM] Asteroth: But it is not our way to force it down to our realm
[4:16 PM] Asteroth: One must have faith
[4:16 PM] Asteroth: Many have lost their way, and it is udnerstandable
[4:16 PM] Asteroth: It is a long and treacherous path
[4:17 PM] Asteroth: But there will be an end to that path
[4:17 PM] Asteroth: When the great evil one revists us in its beautiful glory
[4:17 PM] Asteroth: Ushered by one of our saints, but who will do it and when none can say
[4:18 PM] KENNY: It is only my fear that the evil forces of the disappearance may hinder our lord and masters return.....
[4:19 PM] Asteroth: Our saints have a difficult path to tread, and we respect them for taking it, despite its grave toll
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Man, this is going to be great.

The new model certainly looks amazing :yes:

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr

A mysterious mysterybutt  :P
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Coming along nicely  :) :yes: :yes: :yes:
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

Let's ram a BFGreen into it

Offline Su-tehp

• Devil in the Deep Blue
I dunno, that ass looks a little too mechanical for my taste... Granted this is only a WIP with incomplete shading, but it doesn't quite have that eldritch abomination feel that I've come to expect from Shivan ships. Those pipes just throw it off.

Still, as proof of concept, it's pretty solid. I can't wait to see the final result. :nod:

Also, it might have been a good idea to start with another part of the SD Demon for the simple reason that starting with the ship's rear will bring the inevitable jokes about how "that screenshot looks like ass" and the poster's meaning might be misinterpreted.  :p

The Order of the Stick