Author Topic: Models giveaway  (Read 23039 times)

Having them all at once converted to OBJ would be handy :nervous: There's much good stuff in there, and OBJ would make all of it easily accessible for Blender users.

I agree. It would make it easier for Blender users.

Could we get the Security Vessel and Dax Transporter converted, you know like the Shey Ke stuff was? I'd like to use both those vessels to fill two important places in my faction's fleet. Then, I think my faction may be complete, for now at least.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 04:01:56 am by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline SolCommand

• Time Bandit
    • My free 3D models
All the old models are in 3DS format. The newer ones are in OBJ since I learned more ppl can use it . Maybe when I'll find time these days I'll convert them all in OBJ  ;)

Awwww noes!

Well, I do hope you're able to convert the security vessel and dax transporter. My fleet is short of a cruiser and transport, and they would fill the gap, seeing as they closely match the Shey Ke and Human Warship.

Offline SolCommand

• Time Bandit
    • My free 3D models
I've got hundreds of models on my HDD, can you tell me the exact name of what u want converted ? Or better yet, link me the pic for the security vessel so I'd recognize it, cause I probably have it under a different name in my pc.

There's the security vessel:

http://solcommand.blogspot.com/2009/11/security-vessel.html

And there's the transporter:

http://solcommand.blogspot.com/2009/11/dax-transporter.html

lol I can understand the whole having to go through lots and lots of files to find one thing. I have that problem with all my FS Mods. Clearly understandable.

Awesomeness! Thank you so much, SolCommand! :p

SolCommand, I think it is time to show you the some of the fruits of your labour. FSF and I have finished working on the Shey Ke Capital ship, and can now show you it in a new light. Check the thread linked below:

http://sectorgame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=63257#63257

I hope you like it, and it inspires you to continue your modelling.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:59:21 am by starwolf1991 »

Offline SolCommand

• Time Bandit
    • My free 3D models
Great job converting it man, looks really good. Hope your players will like/enjoy it.

Offline SolCommand

• Time Bandit
    • My free 3D models
Hey guys
This time I need some feedback from you about the texture on my latest model, the "wormhole generator". I've got a laptop at work and a pc at home and when I look at this texture from my laptop it all looks ok, the colors are not too bright or not too dark, so overall looks good enough to release the model ........ however when I look at the texture at home on the pc it looks like crap, the green is too bright, the blue also and .... the entire texture looks wrong for that matter. So can you please tell me if the texture looks ok for you so I'd know which computer is the one more close to reality ? I'm not asking if you like the model , just curious if the colors are not too bright for you or if they look ok, aka as it should.
So here's the texture that buggs me:

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Personally, while I liek the textures overall, I do't think they'd suffer overmuch if you ran a desaturation over them.

Damn pretty model BTW. :nod:
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
It looks fine SC.... I'm not particularly a fan of green, but that's noting 3 seconds on photoshop can't change
on a user level.

Imperial insignia?

True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline SolCommand

• Time Bandit
    • My free 3D models
Remade the texture and took your thoughts into consideration: changed the green with a metallic texture, replaced the emblem and made the blue lights more brighter.

http://solcommand.blogspot.com/2010/02/wormhole-generator.html

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Does indeed look more believable now (depending on how outlandish your pirate are ^_^ ).

True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Hey, just having a play with the wormhole generator model, it seems that there's a poly missing in the central hub (facing the ring) and the UV's busted in a few other spots, most significantly on the four main points on the ring, facing both in and out. Otherwise, it's really cool. :)
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline SolCommand

• Time Bandit
    • My free 3D models
Can u make a pic of these things m8 cause I can't seem to "track" them down ... it looks ok for me
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:34:42 pm by SolCommand »

I'm rather interested in this Wormhole generator. There is something about it that catches my eye. One very potential subspace device in FS.

I've love to use it.  I gotta tell ya, I couldn't use it in Cerberus currently. No spot in the campaign to use it effectively. If I were to make a sequel however, which is a long time and a lot of thought away, I would most definately love to get it in there. Maybe to expand the Kasturians?

Anyway, excellent stuff SolCommand. Keep it up! Can't wait till see your upcoming outposts.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:20:49 pm by starwolf1991 »

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Here are some pics - it's odd, they don't seem to be occuring on the copy of the model that you rendered from - perhaps you uploaded the wrong one by mistake?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline SolCommand

• Time Bandit
    • My free 3D models
I just check the model I uploaded and it shows up ok for me. Also no one else has came to me about missing polys. I'll ask around to see if others experience the same issue but at this time it would seem you're the only one.