Author Topic: On lefties and why America does not appear to have a lot of them.  (Read 17799 times)

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Re: On lefties and why America does not appear to have a lot of them.
The middle are sheep.  They will follow whoever has the louder voice and stronger opinion.  Validity of argument or logical thought processes seldom have any bearing sadly.  If it did, we'd have a small(relatively), non-invasive government who handles foreign affairs, providing a basic education and providing an up to date infrastructure so industry and businesses want to come here and give us they're money and jobs.

Of course if wishes were real, I'd have a wizard tower for a house, dragons in the sky and people would get along better because they don't take things too seriously, sometimes and apple is an apple, an orange is an orange and bad people need to be squashed because they're bad not pandered too because it might make you feel bad.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Validity of argument or logical thought processes seldom have any bearing sadly

story of your life

is he banned from gendisc yet

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
KARAJ, YOU PROMISED.

OUR LEADERSHIP HAS BETRAYED US! ELECTION PROMISES UNFULFILLED! OTHER VAGUELY POLITICAL CALLS HERE!

Stop flinging your poo and running for the exit, Lib.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
The middle are sheep.  They will follow whoever has the louder voice and stronger opinion.  Validity of argument or logical thought processes seldom have any bearing sadly.  If it did, we'd have a small(relatively), non-invasive government who handles foreign affairs, providing a basic education and providing an up to date infrastructure so industry and businesses want to come here and give us they're money and jobs.

Of course if wishes were real, I'd have a wizard tower for a house, dragons in the sky and people would get along better because they don't take things too seriously, sometimes and apple is an apple, an orange is an orange and bad people need to be squashed because they're bad not pandered too because it might make you feel bad.

who's the bigger sheep? the sheep that votes in favor of a particular political party, or the sheep that votes for whatever politician they think will do a good job. your a sheep either way. i personally vote based on how likely the candidate is to start a nuclear war. of course if there was a scotched earth party id probably be a member.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Snail

• SC 5
of course if there was a scotched earth party id probably be a member.
SNP?

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm all for a scorched earth, more for me! :D

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

Hmm... doesn't it make just as much sense to say that if the middle weren't "sheep" you'd finally have the kinds of socialized health-care and government supported education and welfare programs that most of the rest of the civilized world take for granted?

I hate to dogpile, I just want to see if you concede that it's even a possibility. :p
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nuclear1

The middle are sheep.  They will follow whoever has the louder voice and stronger opinion. 

Extremists are sheep too.

Just louder sheep.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
So...
I want to reveal some info about myself that has just come to light and offer an apology.

I'm a moron. 

That's not quite right, moron's aren't responsible for their stupidity. 

I am an idiot. 

A modestly educated idiot who like poking ant mounds with sticks and firecrackers.  Sometimes I will say things I don't necessarily mean to say the way I say them and for that I am sorry.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Too little. Too late.

Permaban from Gen Disc.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
weirdly enough for all the rage liberator induces i still feel compassion for him as a human being and as a result I am modestly sorry/filled with feelings of regret and remorse

Offline iamzack

permaban? :<

the responses to liberator's posts are always so funny and informative, though
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
While that is true, it's rare that the responses are actually on topic. This topic is a great example. I really was hoping to hear from one of the Republicans why they continue to vote for a party that they must know intends to dick them over in favour of people who are already rich.

That would have been far more informative than anything I've heard in response to Liberator and might have actually sparked a discussion.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
frankly the persistent and most frustrating problem is that there are never any responses to the responses to liberator's posts

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Often people vote for the politician rather than the party. I suspect maybe many Republicans win by seeming better to the population.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Often people vote for the politician rather than the party. I suspect maybe many Republicans win by seeming better to the population.

Indeed? I was under the impression that it was the other way around.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
i'd have to look at the data in my lab but I believe that party loyalty is very strong, so i suspect topace may be correct

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Honestly, I suspect he's correct to. I just don't like thinking about the alternative explanation: You can convince people of almost everything.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
my main reason for not voting for obama was that his campaign promises seemed generic as if he was reading them from a textbook. mccain seemed way more interesting, had way more experience. ive always ranted about how palin got bashed so badly in the lower 48, everyone in alaska thought she was awesome, and frankly i didnt mind having a vp who would think of alaska as a state and not just a reserve gas tank. as for biden i just hated him and his pro media industry stance. frankly id rather have an extreme right vp than a media tyrant. i must point out that i am not a member of the republican party, i merely vote republican most of the time. sometimes they do something i dont like.

I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I don't think it matters who we vote for anymore. The dollar is sinking, and not too long into the future it may implode entirely into wonderful hyperinflation if this is accurate. Buckle up folks, next year should be very interesting.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key