Author Topic: On lefties and why America does not appear to have a lot of them.  (Read 17779 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: On lefties and why America does not appear to have a lot of them.
frankly the persistent and most frustrating problem is that there are never any responses to the responses to liberator's posts

Which is why he was banned.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i think a big problem for the republicans is that the trickledown effect (a core principal in the republican view on economics) is starting to break down. the problem is not really that it stopped. rather profits are being funneled into new industries in other countries and away from those that helped make the profits in the first place. youve seen this in the export of jobs, such as manufacturing and service industries. its much less risky for them to take jobs to places where there's little competition, regulation, and where less money goes a long way.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
When did it ever work?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline iamzack

my main reason for not voting for obama was that his campaign promises seemed generic as if he was reading them from a textbook. mccain seemed way more interesting, had way more experience. ive always ranted about how palin got bashed so badly in the lower 48, everyone in alaska thought she was awesome, and frankly i didnt mind having a vp who would think of alaska as a state and not just a reserve gas tank. as for biden i just hated him and his pro media industry stance. frankly id rather have an extreme right vp than a media tyrant. i must point out that i am not a member of the republican party, i merely vote republican most of the time. sometimes they do something i dont like.

Aren't you a welfare queen, though? The people you vote for hate people like you. :P
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
my main reason for not voting for obama was that his campaign promises seemed generic as if he was reading them from a textbook. mccain seemed way more interesting, had way more experience. ive always ranted about how palin got bashed so badly in the lower 48, everyone in alaska thought she was awesome, and frankly i didnt mind having a vp who would think of alaska as a state and not just a reserve gas tank. as for biden i just hated him and his pro media industry stance. frankly id rather have an extreme right vp than a media tyrant. i must point out that i am not a member of the republican party, i merely vote republican most of the time. sometimes they do something i dont like.

Aren't you a welfare queen, though? The people you vote for hate people like you. :P

i dont care what they think of me or anyone else for that matter. il be able to leech free money from the governments regardless of who runs it. there is enough oscillation between republican and democrats to make sure of that.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

When did it ever work?

When economy wasn't global and you could not gain money just by speculation. Now it still works, but you will have to travel 24 hours by plane to see where it did.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That would have been, what? Sometime in the 14th century?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Yo, guys, it's called monarchy.

The US has had a steep tax bracket for most of the last century. Before then you had robber barons.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
That would have been, what? Sometime in the 14th century?

Lasted well into the 19th if the colonial economies are any judge.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Another problem with the trickling down thing is that the rich people controll the trickling. And they act in their own interests, and not in those of the poor ones. Which is why it does work, but only limitedly.