Author Topic: Placebo effect  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
you all know that the door close button on an elevator doesnt do anything. its only there to give occupants a sense of control.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Qent

Perhaps, but I'll never know because the interface is designed so as to make it useless.

you all know that the door close button on an elevator doesnt do anything. its only there to give occupants a sense of control.
I've always wondered, is that true on all elevators, or just most of them?  I can think of some places where it might kind of matter to get the door closed a bit quicker or prevent someone outside from holding up an elevator (like, say, the ER).
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
The close door button is supposed to work on all elevators. At least I've never been to one where it didn't work.

If still in doubt, try pressing the open door button and while the door is in the process of opening, press the close door button as an example.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...