Author Topic: 'My What is Augmented'  (Read 3151 times)

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Sudden drop in blood pressure triggers cellular telephone to call for help?

That would actually be pretty neat.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
The geek in me alternates between "wtf is the point" and "these people are lunatics."  The older work of magnet implants to allow for sensing of magnetic fields did intrigue me, though for the life of me I cannot think of a reason you'd do besides "hey, isn't this neat?!"

Built in compass?

Or so you can have a built in stud finder? Might actually be nice if you work in construction and are always forgetting yours. :p

now does that relegate you to some kind of laborer subclass, just because you have it?

as for the compass, that would be useful. you could install a bunch of eletcrode array chips on your brain, could talk to things like that. sensor tech (especially miniaturized sensor chips) is booming right now. might as well do telepathy by radio as well (sorta like the ccd to occipital lobe implants for the blind, just stick it in the speech center instead of the visual cortex, packetize the data and send).
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Or so you can have a built in stud finder?

Oh that could be pretty useful...

Might actually be nice if you work in construction and are always forgetting yours.

...oooh that kind
Yeah, totally was thinking that kind of uh... stud

Sudden drop in blood pressure triggers cellular telephone to call for help?

Not a bad idea. I wonder if it'd be possible to put that into pacemakers for the cases they don't work like they're supposed to
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh good, built-in Life Alert. :p

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
well in some cases, you can leave out the middlemen. insulin dosers for diabetics, automatic epinephrine for people with allergies who are in shock. i mean im totally for medical implants that do something useful. not because it would be cool to have blinking leds under my skin. maybe an fpu for my brain, idk.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, there are definitely some really good practical uses for this sort of technology, but slicing open your skin and shoving in a chip the size of a cigarette pack like some sort of deformed tumor is not one of them.