Author Topic: TigerDirect liquidation sale  (Read 1637 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
TigerDirect liquidation sale
Unsure if true, but check this thread out for current deals; it's updated with which ones are out of stock (and let me know if it's not liquidating or inaccurate or w/e)

http://reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/404i3j/megathread_tigerdirect_liquidation_deals_no/

Edit: appears it's at least partially true, if not a full liquidation.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tiger+direct+liquidating&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Edit2: appears it's not liqidation; just after Christmas sale, but the company has been sold to PCM?

http://consumerist.com/2015/12/28/tigerdirect-has-new-owner-wont-accept-returns/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 04:55:56 pm by jr2 »

Offline est1895

Re: TigerDirect liquidation sale
Yeah jr2 is Right!

Antec Signature S10 Full Tower for $199.99!

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9758059&csid=

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
..... $200 for a case is liquidation??   :wtf:
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
..... $200 for a case is liquidation??   :wtf:

That thing does have 14 drive bays!!! FOURTEEN!!

And 10 PCIe!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Ok, so it has 14 holes where you can put other things you could buy.  But won't.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Someone who does all the crazy stuff like making their own multi-display cockpits etc etc might use it.  (But I don't think it would be necessary even then?)

Probably only be useful in niche cases..  :lol:

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
14 drive bays and 10 PCIe slots sounds like specs for one of those professional rack mounts. I suppose it could be handy for someone who needs a ton of processing power and a huge RAID drive matrix. For gaming it's a massive overkill (even 4-5 screens won't come close to maxing it out), but I suppose a pro 3D artist, for example, could easily make things that take a while to render even on such a rig. IIRC, an AO bake of even an FSO-quality model can take all night on a regular PC. You do it once for FSO, but other applications might need you to do such things multiple times per day. Add to it a RAID matrix to ensure the result (along with a year's worth of other high quality models) isn't promptly obliterated in a HD failure, and you've got a perfectly legitimate use for that sort of performance. :)

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
is there a motherboard (+raid card almost certainly) that can handle a 14 drive array available on there?
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
My point was supposed to be $200 is an absurd price for a metal box, no matter how many racks and holes are in it.  I felt bad enough paying $70 for mine. 

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Unfortunately, though, for a higher-quality metal box, that's probably what you'll end up paying, I would think.  How much is a case for a server?

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Unfortunately, though, for a higher-quality metal box, that's probably what you'll end up paying, I would think.  How much is a case for a server?
Rack mount cases are kinda stupid in cost, IMO.

I have one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811182566

4u rack mount, which is the rough equivlant of a mid tower case on it's side...  about 90 USD.
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."