Author Topic: Darkverse mini freespace multiplayer clone  (Read 1747 times)

Darkverse mini freespace multiplayer clone
Hey there guys,

I'm currently working on a little game engine and need a test project as well as some bug testing for it.
I thought about building a small Darkverse clone/prototype while using some Freespace assets to make testing fun.
For those who don't know Darkverse, it's a 2D space exploration prototype/proof of concept. Download link and further information can be found at the end of this post.
What I'm proposing is just a small, similar game staged in the Freespace universe and with an actual multiplayer component so everyone can play together.
I'm planning to put a little bit more content in so it does not get so boring as fast.
I believe that the first prototypes could be playable in summer.

Let me know who might be interested in a non canon tiny Freespace online experience.

I'm happy for suggestions about the time period and what else might floats your boats! ;)

Download to Darkverse:
http://gamejolt.com/games/darkverse/2564

Re: Darkverse mini freespace multiplayer clone
I could give it a whirl. But I am not much of a playtester.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I could give it a whirl. But I am not much of a playtester.

I think the basics of being a playtester are going "hmm, what if I..." until something breaks, and then reporting what you did to break it.

I think the basics of being a playtester are going "hmm, what if I..." until something breaks, and then reporting what you did to break it.

Exactly that! You basically play the game, see how the mechanics work and then try to bring it to the limits and break the game.
And then you simply report what you did to break it.
As soon as the devs put out a fix for your break you attempt to do it again and see if there are still ways to break hell open. :)

*EDIT: Well and you give feedback on features you like/dislike and how to probably improve them.

I completely forgot about this game. But uhhh, I'm probably not the man for the job!