Author Topic: How to Destroy the Alt Right  (Read 15085 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Re: How to Destroy the Alt Right
Yep. Their favorite word. Which makes them sex-obsessed virgin retards

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
That of course led to the picking of Sarah Palin as the Republican VP nominee in 2008, the resurgence of the Tea Party Patriots movement, and the shifting of gravity within the Republican Party, all of which, combined with what happened on WP and Russian influence, contributed to Trump's rise to his candidacy.

BTW, are you saying that WP has been taken over by trolls from the start, with some are friendly with Vladimir Putin's Russian regime?
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
"Alt Right" is a new 'thing'
It came about as a rejection of the republican party from people who would normally seem like they should be part of their base the fallout of Bush and his neo-conservitive leadership.

Wikipedia has certainly NOT been controlled by conservatives, but it HAS been controlled by basically several competing extremely territorial old boy networks. and it is EXTREMELY HEAVILY influenced by the position of mainstream media, it is effectively a slanted digest of the printed opinions of people working in an official capacity for news organizations.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
oh goody it's founded by vox day and endorsed by brietbart we're all saved

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I love how the first two canons directly contradict each other. We really do live in a post-fact world. Terrifying.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Online Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
How do they contradict each other?  Does Wikipedia define your reality?

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
There are no true facts because truth depends on individual realities but we will be objective about the facts and truths we post.

Water is both wet and not wet depending on how you feel about itbut we'll make a definitive objective statement about how water is objectively wet.

It's not surprising, this is the usual wordy-but-trying-far-too-hard-to-be-clever-while-being-meaningless nonsense that Theodore Beale espouses. He's just found a new way to book people out of their money while he posts it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Hey remember the last guys who tried to make a conservative wikipedia? Consverapedia?

No? Me neither. FULL SPEED AHEAD!
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Hey remember the last guys who tried to make a conservative wikipedia? Consverapedia?

No? Me neither. FULL SPEED AHEAD!

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Conservapedia:Parodist

It went about as well as it could possibly go.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Luis Dias

Rational Wiki is as horrendous as Conservapedia, my 2 cents on the issue.

BTW, for all the problems of wikipedia (immense), I don't think forking it will ever work.

Offline Luis Dias

I love the "play nice and play fair" rule. Beale wrote it. Incredible. The site is officially a giant trolling joke.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, Wikipedia has now been forked.

See also http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/10/10/anti-thought-police-infogalactic-launches-as-wikipedia-alternative/

Yes, this certainly seems like a better alternative to wikipedia. I mean, Wikipedia doesn't even have a system for people to buy admin priviledges, and it still holds to outdated views such as "one page per issue" which have no place in the modern world. Furthermore, infogalactic improves upon Wikipedia by rating individual experiences higher than vetted sources, and allowing corporations to advertise on the site. This is very likely to be good for bitcoinmake sure that infogalactic will remain neutral and objective.

It should be clear that the above is written with a strongly sarcastic tone. Vox Days' brainfartidea that he can get enough people on board to revise and rate all of the millions of pages he copied off of wikipedia and sort them according to his preferences, and that it is possible to both represent objective facts and provide an ideologically slanted version of those facts at the same time is bonkers.

There's also some delicious irony in complaining about wikipedia's rules being too easy to game while setting up a system that is supposed to be gamified; this must truly be an expression of the same genius that brought you this:
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Luis Dias

Seems like a giant con to buy that yatch that Beale hoped to buy for so long.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
That's what the rich and Russian oligarchs (including loyalists of Russian President Vladimir Putin) does. I think the alt-right has done in the past.

Regarding the Wikipedia alternative, I hope that Infogalactic will not suffer the same fate as Wikipedia, being run by [alt-right] trolls from the start.
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm going to wait a week and then look at the page on evolution. The edit war on there should be absolutely hilarious.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Luis Dias

Do you really need a week? I'll give it a day :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm giving it time for personalities and factions to develop. That stuff takes a little time. 
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
That's what the rich and Russian oligarchs (including loyalists of Russian President Vladimir Putin) does. I think the alt-right has done in the past.

Regarding the Wikipedia alternative, I hope that Infogalactic will not suffer the same fate as Wikipedia, being run by [alt-right] trolls from the start.

1.  Your obsession with blaming everything on Russia is unhealthy and entirely unproductive in GenDisc.  Nobody cares.
2.  Theodore Beale, alias Vox Day, is literally a core supporter and proponent of the alt-right, and Breitbart news is its biggest cheerleader.  Any site run by either is going to be like a supermassive black hole at the center of the alt-right troll galaxy.
3.  Wikipedia is not run by alt-right trolls.  Good grief.

I dunno. If you read "Alt-right trolls" as "People trolling the alt-right" it almost makes sense (just like reality having a liberal bias).