Author Topic: Blade Runner 2049  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Luis Dias

Apparently, I've been getting vibes that it's actually not ****, that actually it's quite good. In fact, some people are already heralding it as "scifi movie of the year", which is not saying much given the competition, buuuuut... has Denis Villeneuve hit a home run again?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I'm going to watch it tomorrow, I'll let you know. I watched the original Blade Runner again a few days ago, I almost completely forgot what it was about.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Apparently, I've been getting vibes that it's actually not ****, that actually it's quite good. In fact, some people are already heralding it as "scifi movie of the year", which is not saying much given the competition, buuuuut... has Denis Villeneuve hit a home run again?

Just got back from the movie theater.  The movie is a bit over two and a half hours long, felt like it was about five, and I was riveted the entire time.  It's pretty good.  Fantastic sound and score, Hans Zimmer is still Hans Zimmer but it felt like he actually put effort into this one instead of it being Movie Score #18.  Ryan Gosling nails it, and does a whole lot of acting with very few opportunities to conspicuously emote.  Whole movie does a (significantly) better than average job of show-don't-tell and keeps a lot of the film noir qualities of the original.

One of my only complaints is actually, uh... Harrison Ford, which is not something I expected on the way into the theater.  As he gets older, I find it more and more difficult to appreciate any gravitas in his performance.  No matter what's happening on screen, I get the constant impression he's roughly three seconds from cracking a wry grin and a mediocre one-liner.  :nervous: