Author Topic: RELEASE: Neo-Terra  (Read 8884 times)

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
    • http://www.freewebs.com/neo-terra
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra

A 19 mission campaign that tells the tale of a new pilot who defected from the GTVA to the NTF. Learn what might of happend had the NTF won.....or maybe they still don't "win"

All this and more is told in the story.

Download

NOTE: This is my first major release for this game, as told on a different thread I mainly mod for Halo but since I like this game so much I'd thought I would make a campaign.

Also note this is part one of a planned three part story line. You'll get the idea of what the other two will be about once you finish this campaign.

This campaign has been beta tested but there may still be a few problems (Spelling etc) So please stick with it if you find anyway - you can't expect testers to find EVERYTHING.

Anyways enjoy, feedback welcome :D
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 11:35:07 am by 2168 »
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

Darkness Rising - Current campaign I'm working on.

Mission Designer for the Wing Commander Saga.

CURRENT PROJECT: Darkness Rising, WCS
COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
I look forward to playing it.

Because the NTF is the only legitimate authority in this system. :D
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Night Hammer

• I Can't FRED
  • You'll shoot your eye out...
Cannot find server

:sigh:
Stop... Hammertime :hammer:

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
Originally posted by Night Hammer

:sigh:

Ok, should work now. I've linked it directly to my website :)
(Right-click and save target as)
Freespace 2: Neo-Terra - My Freespace 2 website that holds my completed FS2 campaigns.

COMPLETED PROJECTS: Neo-Terra, Unification Prequel, Solar Wars Chapter 1, Deep Blood, Return to Neo-Terra (Part 1).

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Jeebus - what is it with newbies and fast FREDding these days. What happened to the good old days where campaigns took months and months to finish? ;)

Anyway, will DL and have a play.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
Nice "Downloading now!........

and good job:) :yes:
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Damn, Link doesn't exist

Offline wolfdog

..it works fin for me...:confused:

but it's freewebs, so you need to copy/paste link.... (copy shortcut)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
That link only downloads this thread for me. :wtf:
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Copy the link and paste it into your address bar.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Doesn't work with copy and past.... :s

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Oookay... little tip. It's not a good idea to give sixteen hostile fighters initial orders to attack four alpha wing pilots. Assuming the AI was even vaguely competent that's 4 to 1 odds - not so bad, in Freespace. But since the AI isn't vaguely competent, it soon becomes sixteen to one odds. That is bad. Especially when there's a leviathan firing AAAf beams at you. Moreover, on checking in my loadout screen, Beta had no secondaries at all, which made them essentially useless. I suspect this may have something to do with weapons permissions in your campaign file, but I didn't look into it in detail. It's also full of spelling errors... not just one or two, but lots of them. Run it through Word's spell checker and you'll come up with the correct spellings. There're also stylistic errors (Wing names are inaccurate according to [V] precedents for example).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to discourage you here. But if mission 1 is typical of the rest of the campaign (with sixteen hostile fighters on my tail, I couldn't beat it, so I'm not sure), I just don't think it's ready for release. My advice is, call this a beta, ask for more testing, and have a read through the Fred Academy topics in the Campaigns forum. They're full of advice that'll prevent common mistakes like some of the ones in here. Then go through, fix it up, and rerelease.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Gai Daigoji

• Gekigangar!
I'm sorry for any problems this may cause, but if you have downloaded the campaign within the last two hours I must ask you to redownload again.

I uploaded the incorrect file (The pre-Beta one) but the correct one is now up.

Again sorry for any problems this caused.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I don't know why, but when I renamed the showthread.php to showthread.zip I could open it and extract the right .vp.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 12:48:11 pm by 1079 »

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Erf, i try to redownload  but, with not success :(

EDIT :
I've got it !!  I've rename the file by Neo_Terra instead of Neo-Terra.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 01:09:01 pm by 1984 »

Alright, some pointers. First of all- SPELLING AND GRAMMAR! I detected a lot of sentences that had mispelled words and grammar mistakes. Some of the most noticeable spelling mistakes were:
depo (should be depot)
where (should be we're)
were (should be where)
And, agreement in the first mission. The first three times I played the mission, I was killed- five seconds into it. Before I even knew what happened, the death screen popped up. Since I happen to be a fast typist, I managed to make myself invulnerable before my hull fell before 24%. Just an example of how serious that is. I'm not trying to degrade your campaign, but I'm pointing out some problems. Try and make sure that the player starts at least 2,000 meters away from the nearest enemy. This will ensure that the anti-fighter beams and other weapons will not reach the player as soon as they arrive. Once again, not trying to make your campaign- or you- look bad.

My wingmen died instantly, except for Alpha 2, who finished the mission at 76% :wtf: lucky. I managed to win the mission, though.

Kind of unrealistic. Killing 80+ fighters, a cruiser, and a corvette on A DEPOT raid.

Spelling and grammar errors everywhere, enemy wing names suck ("Grammar," "Longly"), you mispelled surprise (surprize).

On a positive note, I racked up a lot of kills, and it was challenging, and oddly, kind of fun.

Don't rush through your campaigns, dude. Take your time on each and every mission. :)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Originally posted by InfernoGod
...And, agreement in the first mission. The first three times I played the mission, I was killed- five seconds into it. ....

I did better than you, then, I died after one minute and 6 seconds. :p
If I ever restart this campaign, I would play it with invulnerability on.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I played ahead on easy. I am absolutely not impressed so far.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I wonder if you ever tested these misons? Some are o.k., but some are insanely difficult..

The first one I moved the fighters back and added another fighter wing for my side, AND made all of my wings have 3 waves. Still was a VERY tough mission to beat (and with hull up to 50% repair by support).

the mission with the blockade is just redicolous. A kazzilion bombers jump in 500m for the ships you should protects!
I replaced all normal AAAf with ULTRa-Anti fighter beams (they don't stop shooting!) and all terran turrets with my Vindicator gattling guns (INSANE fire rate and damage)  AND I gave two of my wings an extra 2 wawes, and still barealy made it.

Now I'm on the mission where the Terra-Firma pops up. You really expect a Raynor to take out a Colossus? You didn't even put a "GAH! The terra firma has been blasted!" message.
Luckily I fixed that, but I still haven't tested it..

Bottom line - good start, you obviouly show good FREDing skills, but you have to learn how to balance things a bit better. Just sending 200 waves of Hercs at the player isn't fun...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!