Author Topic: RELEASE: The Journey to Epsilon Pegasi  (Read 8050 times)

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
RELEASE: The Journey to Epsilon Pegasi
Btw Thanks for the opportunity TopAce ;)

Originally posted by Yogert
only got through the second mission, but I've noticed a lot of grammar problems...

You can blame me on that. But just because I know English well doesn't mean I'm going to pick up on everything I see, and yes mission 2 has several grammatical errors I just picked up on now. I don't know how I missed them. I still think two grammar/spelling testers would have been better than one but finding people around here to volunteer for work like this isn't easy.

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Does this require FSOpen?
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Yes, it needs FreeSpace Open. The newest version is the most recommended.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Online Kie99

I'm just gonna put my whole post in spoiler tags

Spoiler:
I just thought there were so many beams on the Sath that there was no point in atttacking it really because it only ever gets its main beams working against the station. When the Phonecia jumped in there was nothing for the player to do except chase bombers and get hit by flak.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I can do nothing against it. That weakness was used out in the last mission. Namely:
Spoiler:
Attacking the Sathanas from back

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
awesome campaign.  i really liked the backgrounds for the missions in adhara, especially with lighty enchanced BGs
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Umm, TopAce? For some reason the campaign files for JTEP is really **** up.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Can you be more specific?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I mean when I select the First JtEP campaign. It selects, I try to go to the ready room, it doesn't work, I go to the campaign, and I see a whole bunch of garbled letters 'n crap.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Do you see weird letters? Has the font changed or what? Do other mods work?
If the problem can be visual, can I get a screenshot of it? As far as I understand your post, you claim that the font has gone mad.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I see symbols, **** letters, and the game doesn't let me play the campaign. That's basically it. The campaign won't play.

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Originally posted by Cobra
I see symbols, **** letters, and the game doesn't let me play the campaign. That's basically it. The campaign won't play.

Count yourself lucky. The campaign toasted my pilot file after I finished it.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I highlighted the warning message in the first post to make a backup copy of your pilot. I do not know what causes this bug and therefore I am not able to fix it. Even if I knew the source of the problem I would not be able to fix it since it is certainly relating to coding.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
O, none of the download links work. Any mirrors?
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Re: RELEASE: The Journey to Epsilon Pegasi
Forgot about this campaign, sorry. I am putting up a mirror.

Offline neoterran

The files are now available from the Downloads section of this mod's entry.

Err... they are ? I can't seem to find them.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I wll probably take some time until modDB approves it.

Offline neoterran

This is not to be confused with the Fall of Epsilon Pegasi, i assume...
Chief Grognard.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
No.

Offline neoterran

Nice campaign, this actually has modern looking planets (Adhara looks great). Good job. And even nameplates for the orion (which looks an odd color, but nice.. ) I'm enjoying this one. Way to go TopAce. Let me know if you want any voiceacting for it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 02:08:14 pm by neoterran »
Chief Grognard.