Author Topic: The Dragon Awakes Final Demo 0.2  (Read 6521 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: The Dragon Awakes Final Demo 0.02
Meh, I dunno, it just feels odd to me. Perhaps there are very very different rules with abbreviation pluralization in English than in Finnish, but in my view "PM" is not an actual word, it is two words abbreviated to look like that but IMHO it's really not right to just slap the appropriate ending after it. So there needs to be something to indicate that there is actually stuff between the M and s... Perhaps my native language mixes me up then. :rolleyes: Not that important though.
In English, sir anything can be a word.

Offline NickM

He means your "the_dragon_awakes" folder. Go to that folder, not the FSPort one, and look around for a mod.ini (editable with notepad). Find the [multimod] line and edit it as necessary (in your case, rename "FS1_port_3" in the [multimod] line to "fsport". Since you renamed your FS Port folder, you have to edit the mod.ini so that it searches the correct folder for the files).

OK I found the line you were talking about & changed it to fsport; the full line says:

[multimod]
secondrylist = fsport,mediavps;

Now I have an EVEN STRANGER case: I have passed the FIRST mission; now as the second mission starts, all I have is my HUD display & everything else is just black; I receive messages but I have no control movement and there is nothing but black right in front of me...

SO I am STILL in a bit of a jam then...

NickM

Offline ShivanSpS

He means your "the_dragon_awakes" folder. Go to that folder, not the FSPort one, and look around for a mod.ini (editable with notepad). Find the [multimod] line and edit it as necessary (in your case, rename "FS1_port_3" in the [multimod] line to "fsport". Since you renamed your FS Port folder, you have to edit the mod.ini so that it searches the correct folder for the files).

OK I found the line you were talking about & changed it to fsport; the full line says:

[multimod]

Now I have an EVEN STRANGER case: I have passed the FIRST mission; now as the second mission starts, all I have is my HUD display & everything else is just black; I receive messages but I have no control movement and there is nothing but black right in front of me...

NickM

Docked player + Red Alert = BUG, you have 2 options, fail that part 5 times, so the game leave you the choice to go to the next mission or just use cheats to go on the enxt one, that SCP bug completly breaks the part 2 of mission 1.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
[multimod]
secondrylist = ,FS1_port_3,mediavps;

Can you PLEASE permanently change that to "fsport"? It's what most everyone else uses.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'd agree with Turey on that point. Giving a version number in a mod.ini is a support nightmare. As soon as port v4 comes out everyone's campaigns will stop working and we'll have to deal with the fallout.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline NickM

[multimod]

NickM

Docked player + Red Alert = BUG, you have 2 options, fail that part 5 times, so the game leave you the choice to go to the next mission or just use cheats to go on the enxt one, that SCP bug completly breaks the part 2 of mission 1.

Shivan:

Is there a cheat to 'skip' to the next mission? If yes what is it? As for failing the mission 5 times, I can't fly the ship or even see anything; all I have is a blacked out screen & my HUD display; none of my controls works;
I am very grateful for any of the help you give...I am edging closer to actually playing the game
PS: This time I DO have lasers AND missiles---I just can't shoot them.
NickM

Offline ShivanSpS

Re: The Dragon Awakes Final Demo 0.2
ok, i have re uploaded the demo, i remove the part 2 and part 3 of the first mission, they are imposible to do it or test it by now...

And, if you create a new pilot your tech room will display the correct ships/weapon data, the same one that will be avalible to players in the first mission in the final version.

Shouldn't  there be a space before vediavps, or does it matter?

Offline ShivanSpS

hell, it will be better to remove those shines from the abydos ::PPPP

Offline NickM

Guys...

:mad2: AHHHHH! I downloaded the 'new dragon' & now I have a new error message &  the mission won't load!!

NickM

Offline ShivanSpS

delete the previus folder first, and make a new pilot.

Offline NickM

Guys:

STILL not working! I deleted the 'previous' folder for 'dragon' & created a NEW pilot & the same error pops up:

Error: Can't open Model file <Angel.pdf> File:J:|src|cvs|fs2_open_3_6_9.Final\code\model\Mode\Read.cpp Line:1899

anyways, IF it's any help,  here's what's in the mod:

launcher]
image255x112 = tda.bmp;
infotext     = This start in two weeks before the Shivan attack on Ross 128, you are a veteran terran pilot onboard the GTD Galatea, and you are accepted intro the Terran Intelligence, what things could happen?              v0.2 Final Demo;
website      = www.hard-light.net
forum        = http://http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/board,50.0.html;

[multimod]
secondrylist = ,Fs1_port_3,mediavps;

Anyone got any hints?

thanks ahead of time...I WILL get this game to work WITH YOUR help!

NickM

Offline ShivanSpS

[multimod]
secondrylist = ,Fs1_port_3,mediavps;

yeah rename the "Fs1_port_3" to "fsport" as you done it before.

I really like getting rid of those modular tables, now i can be sure if everyone set everything right :P

Offline NickM

OK...gimmie a second...I'll get back to you RE: results;

NickM

Offline NickM

AAAAAAHHH!  :mad: It STILL won't work!!!

here's what's in the Mod:

[multimod]
secondrylist = ,fsport,mediavps;

I created a NEW pilot & deleted the 'old dragon' folder; however when it started the game the following error came up:

Error: Couldn't open mission 'M1C.fs'
File:J:\snc\cus\fs2_fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Mission\MissionParse.ccp line: 6012

and Then I get a 'Fail to Load' notice....

I am STILL Determined to get this beast to work...what do I do NOW?

T.I.A.

NickM

Offline ShivanSpS

hell, all of this for only 2 missions :S

Well, the problem was i think about incluiding the M1c in the demo, but i change of mind, but for some reason i uploaded the old campaing file, anyway, look at post 1, download the attachment, and place it in the_dragon_awakes/data/missions.

Offline NickM

Yes...only TWO missions but IF I get this to work then your actual campaign should work then too! I'll see what I can do...write later to tell you how it went;

NickM