Well, after the last development report it got way faster as i presumed. So i can already release the next step of NTP before May!
This is actually a big one, even you have only four new missions to play with a rebalanced version of FreeSpace 2's version of Operation Templar for single player, there are TWO NEW(!) fully integrated languages you can play this game in. Next to english, french, german, japanese and spanish you can also experience FreeSpace 2 in Italian and Polish!
But that it not all, there are also several other changes under the roof.Changelog of Version 0.6:
• MjnMixael's HD Mainhalls 1.4.8
• Inclusion of the Polish translation by Interplay Entertainment
, but with special mention of Mito [PL]
for the cutscene subtitles.
• Inclusion of the Italian translation by marco111
• Both languages were adapted to NTP and got some own translations in this process by Novachen.
• Changed the name of the EFGIS package into EUR.
• All languages got a new language identifier according to ISO 639.
• Instead of the standard "Bank Gothic Md" font, the "FreeSpace-NTP" font is now used. It is a Font, that was exclusively created for this translation library by me.
• Some examples of new supported characters: Ā/ā, Ł/ł, Ṣ/ṣ, Ż/ż, ẞ/ß. The new font properly supports all six latin based languages that are part of NTP Version 0.6.
• Fixed the string table for the default language as it had an incorrect string range.
• Added some new translateable entries for the strings.tbl.
• Fixed the location of the CBrief for the mission loop2-1 "As Lightning Falls" correctly to GTD Soyakaze in the default language.
• Some formatting fixes in all languages, which also fix the error messages at launch of the Japanese translation.
• Some of the real existing Star Systems got a name in the German, Italian, Polish & Spanish translation that is more common there. (According to wikipedia at least)
• Added a spanish translation to the "FreeSpace 2: Demo" campaign with support by my sister. Thank you lil sis, you are the best translator tool i know 😘.
• Added the "FreeSpace 2: Operation Templar" Campaign. -> Campaign complete!
• FreeSpace 2: Operation Templar take place from 28th October 2347 to 30th October 2347. (14 Paopi 7840 to 16 Paopi 7840 in vasudan calendar)
• FreeSpace 2: Operation Templar is playable in English, French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish languages.
Opening Post was updated. So have fun.
Would like to hear some reports