Author Topic: Where Have You Seen Diaspora Mentioned?  (Read 35240 times)

Offline Ard

Re: Where Have You Seen Diaspora Mentioned?
Rock Paper Shotgun

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
http://linuxgamecast.com/2012/09/l-g-c-how-to-install-diaspora-shattered-armistice-on-ubuntu-12-04/

Aaaaand their "how-to" has errors that I now have to tell them to fix. And they obviously didn't check the release thread for corrections. :banghead: At the risk of sound ungrateful for their trying to be newbie-friendly, much worse than no instructions is wrong instructions. For all I know, this has already been mirrored all over the Internet, spreading incorrect information everywhere. :sigh:

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Brandt

So far I contacted rockpapershotgun.com and fz.se and both of them posted some news about Diaspora. I also made sure to spread the word on two other communities I am involved in, UnitedOperations and Subsim.com. :)

PCGamer just did a thing.
This is my only contribution to FSSCP

These mods are made from natural code that we pump in from retail. If you tried to run one, it would be like standing outside with nostalgia and pure awesome shining on your face. It would also set your computer on fire, so don't actually do it.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Today GameSpy has an article on D:SA
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
pc gamer makes a slight whoops

and then launch from, land on, or fly loop-de-loops round Galactica.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
On a more pleasant note:

http://www.diygamer.com/2012/09/freeware-game-pick-diaspora-shattered-armistice/

there is a small error "Forgotten Armistice" instead of "Shattered Armistice"...

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
It does raise the question of how many people think that the Sobek is actually a Galactica-type ship.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Eolis

On Korben, which is the most viewed blog in France.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
C'est une belle nouvelle! heh ;)

The more international this gets the merrier.

I don't read any French, but of all the mentions I've seen so far, this one seems the longest and deepest.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
pc gamer makes a slight whoops

and then launch from, land on, or fly loop-de-loops round Galactica.

To be fair you can, just not in R1.

Or dev, cause we haven't built it yet. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
It does raise the question of how many people think that the Sobek is actually a Galactica-type ship.

I'll take it as an unintentional compliment the design and execution of Tessie are good enough folks have difficulty figuring out she's not canon.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

She's like a cross between Galactica and Pegasus, shrunk down to the size of Valkyrie. Brilliantly done!

Offline Aether

I don't read any French, but of all the mentions I've seen so far, this one seems the longest and deepest.

Read the article. Basically he's saying that he's a huge fan of the show. And he thanks Fab (perhaps another mention from another site? But most likely a friend of his called Fabienne) Explains the context of the games plot and calls the maps pretty. He also says that he really likes the music. Commends the quality of the game.

He makes a small criticism for the keypad configurations on the MAC saying they're a bit exotic for OSX (I personally know little to nothing about computers)

Then he asks what Gaius would think of all this :D

In the comments a few people have asked if this isn't a social network (there's a *private* social network called Diaspora), one said the QWERTY (french) keyboard is a bit tricky to play on for this game but commends how immersible the game is, and some ask if there's multiplayer despite the fact that the article said you could play multiplayer.

Finally, my degree in French has payed off :lol:

I must admit translating a document and passing on the information makes me feel a bit like a spy :P

Or a Cylon  :nervous:

So say we all!

I'm willing to redo my VA in French... Or at least a terrible French accent.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
She's like a cross between Galactica and Pegasus, shrunk down to the size of Valkyrie. Brilliantly done!

Oh, believe me the Valkyrie is much... much smaller... surprisingly so.
Ace
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah, people don't realise how tiny the Valkyrie actually is. Once it's in Diaspora we'll show off some pics and they'll realise.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]