Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 48596 times)

Does this game have British tanks yet? Hella lame if it doesn't.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
It's got French tanks. Can't get any lamer than that.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline crizza

British tanks are due to the next patch...
and the french...hell of a firing rate, but otherwise...fast and nimble.

Offline CKid

Don't forget, also HE magnets.  :drevil:
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Except ANY tier 7 heavy tank is easily penned in the front, and the Tiger has the best tier 7 gun, especially for pen. The Tiger just has the easiest job of doing it. :P

It's, frankly, my favorite tier 7 heavy.
Which is why the Tiger feels so underwhelming when you first get it. You'd expect a sturdy as **** front line brawler, instead you get something more akin of a heavy backline sniper. Which is kinda the typical role most high tier german tanks tend to fall in due to their high pen/high accuracy guns.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Except ANY tier 7 heavy tank is easily penned in the front, and the Tiger has the best tier 7 gun, especially for pen. The Tiger just has the easiest job of doing it. :P

It's, frankly, my favorite tier 7 heavy.
Which is why the Tiger feels so underwhelming when you first get it. You'd expect a sturdy as **** front line brawler, instead you get something more akin of a heavy backline sniper. Which is kinda the typical role most high tier german tanks tend to fall in due to their high pen/high accuracy guns.
None of the tier 7 heavies aside from the Tiger P are really frontline material. At that tier, they ALL get easily penned by each other's guns from the front, it's not just the Tiger.

The E-75 also has the best armor of any tier 9 heavy.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline crizza

Say what? Played yesterday and they moved the transmission into the front.
One lucky hit and your engine is half gone.
Plus, after pointing this out and telling my team I hang back to snipe the enemy, a T32 startet shooting me...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The KV-3 is pretty decent in the frontline role.  The armor is bouncier than the numbers try to tell you, and it's got a beatstick for a main gun.  Tiger P has ridiculous front armor but a comparatively squishy turret and a gun that out-pens the KV-3's 122 mm, but falls waaaay short of the damage.  A hull-down T29 American tank is a thing of terror if they've got anything approaching a decent gun.

It's really just the Tiger, the IS, and the AMX M4 45 that get shafted at tier 7.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The Tiger P's front armor is not nearly as good as its stats suggest. The 200mm plate actually covers a very small portion of the front of the tank. The angled sections, the entire lower glacis (the portions angled both back and front), and the machinegun port are all about 50mm. Really it's just a thin strip across the front where the machinegun and driver's vision slit are.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Hades

Say what? Played yesterday and they moved the transmission into the front.
One lucky hit and your engine is half gone.
Plus, after pointing this out and telling my team I hang back to snipe the enemy, a T32 startet shooting me...
I have an E-75 and don't have this issue.

The KV-3 is pretty decent in the frontline role.  The armor is bouncier than the numbers try to tell you, and it's got a beatstick for a main gun.  Tiger P has ridiculous front armor but a comparatively squishy turret and a gun that out-pens the KV-3's 122 mm, but falls waaaay short of the damage.  A hull-down T29 American tank is a thing of terror if they've got anything approaching a decent gun.

It's really just the Tiger, the IS, and the AMX M4 45 that get shafted at tier 7.
The Tiger is fine, as it has extremely good acceleration and turning, and is really good at angling its hull, plus the gun kicks the **** out of the awful gun the IS and KV-3 use. The DPM is higher, but the damage per shot is lower.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Gonna have to disagree on the gun, having gone through both Tigers, the IS, and the KV-3 individually.  Higher alpha is pretty significant if you're playing peek-a-boo in cover like any intelligent middle tier tank.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The RoF on some of the french tanks is amazning. And that bloody AMX!!!! Bouce, bounce, bounce, bounce!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Gonna have to be more specific on that.  The early AMXs (38 and 40) are pretty bouncy - for their tiers.  AMX12t, AMX 13 75, AMX 13 90, AMX M4 45, AMX 50 100, AMX 50 120, and AMX 50B are quite frequently the least bouncy tanks for their tiers.  Well, the M4 45 is alright, but the rest of them feel kind of like plastic frames wrapped around huge guns.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
This is almost done DL... wait, it's installing now.  So, is there a HLP team?
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline crizza

So, got the Super Pershing and got to say...
It is slow...but it has sick armour, a decent gun and it makes enough creds.
Downside: As soon as you're spotted, the whole enemy team is shoting at you.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
8.0 is apparently scheduled to include the new new physics engine.

Time to catch air with my Hellcat.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
8.0 is also apparently supposed to include things that make it easier on my poor laptop.  10 frames per second, here I come!

Offline Hades

Also will have some new Soviet TDs added, a British premium tank added (Black Prince Matilda), as well as possible tier 10 heavy adjustments.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline crizza

Hold it right there...before they add any russian TDs, they should rework the german tree and add the second branch of german TDs...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
They already added the JagdPanther II.

Not sure why you think the Germans need it before the Russians.  The Americans got a second tree before anyone else, and they (besides the French, obviously) are the most recent nation to even get a TD line.  It's clearly not dependent on how long since the last addition.

That said, Nothing in the game needs an overhaul more than German Heavies.