Author Topic: What are you working on?  (Read 308834 times)

Re: What are you working on?
Didn't you wanted to work on a certain different Shivan ship anyway? ;7
This ship deserves some practice before I take it on my workbench, if it ever happen :P

I see you're aiming for more than just 99.9999% perfection. :D

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Ehhh... Here?
Or here?
Or maybe... Here?
Or maybe in shipyards of two more people I'm aware of? :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

If you'd give only 1 of them 1/10th the love you gave to the Nemesis, the whole community would be eternally grateful.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
I've only seen the first one. That last one looks sick though.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
If you'd give only 1 of them 1/10th the love you gave to the Nemesis, the whole community would be eternally grateful.
I would like to, but project of this magnitude would require several weeks from me. A weeks I don't have because my game, because Inferno and because making money. Let's hope and pray to ancient spirits of subspace and beams that Esarai will one day finish his one.

...and it would not be only 1/10 of love I poured into NuMesis :P
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Just that Esarai is next to never around (though he seems to be on Discord sometimes), leave alone doing FS related work. :(

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Rockstar is busy crunching him to death.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Triple AAAAAAAAA studios always treat their employees so well.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

So no Demon :/

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Can we just have a DAE uploaded somewhere so we can all pick away at it? Preferably the second one.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Somehow I immediatly fell for Oddgrims Demon. Perhabs bobbtmanns looks more shivanistic, and Esarais is more detailed so far, but I like this one most. :D

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I am not a fan of the second one... especially with that tung sticking out.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
#1 seems to be hard to appricate/evaluate because it's missing an extrapolation of the overall shape. Detail is well and good, if you can't show how it fits with the rest of the ship, it just feels out-of-place.

#2 certainly captures an organic aesthetic but doesn't have the angular/spikey/hard edges counterpoints to those semi-organic lines that is part of other shivan desings, like the Azrael or the Ravana. That would propably be in the future though.

#3 too lacks a bit of angular/spikey/hard edges counterpoints. But what I find most disagreeable about is the mock-up turrets, I just prefer the multiparts on the HTL Lucifer with their triangular design over the round ones from Cain/Lilith - it's a more alien-looking design.

If I had to chose I would like Option 3.

Now, if one were to accept some "in-kind contributions" an incentive that could certainly be arragned ;) -- no promises though.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:27:08 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

Now with Black Wolf's blessing I can officially show this. I made shivan cruiser as testbed for PBR shivan textures, than Nightmare proposed... Something better for my experiments.

Hello little corvette, aren't you the cutest thing ever~

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That's fantastic. Feels distinctly Shivan but also new.

Dude, that thing breathes menace!  It looks like a Sathanas and a Moloch had a demonic love child.
"Wouldn't it be so wonderful if everything were meaningless?
But everything is so meaningful, and most everything turns to ****.
Rejoice."
-David Bazan

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
It's Vasudan Admiral's design - the same guy who made HTL Hades or the model that later become UEI Kumari. I just provided it with some fancy lights and polygons :]

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:21:56 pm by Nyctaeus »