Author Topic: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice v1.0 (Windows, Mac & Linux)  (Read 856129 times)

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Re: [RELEASE] Diaspora: Shattered Armistice
Yeah, using real names definitely looks much more professional, and including nicknames would have detracted from the cinematic feel, even if you could have fit them in. Although admittedly I recognized nearly all of the names, thanks to having looked at the credits page a few times before. :D

Oh... my... goodness...

Yeah, using real names definitely looks much more professional, and including nicknames would have detracted from the cinematic feel, even if you could have fit them in. Although admittedly I recognized nearly all of the names, thanks to having looked at the credits page a few times before. :D

Immediately after posting that I thought to myself exactly the same thing (more professional), and on a hunch visited the credits in the techroom and sure enough, there was everything I just asked for.

Thank you for your feedback Spoon. May i ask what would be for you a good (intense) music for this missions ? Have you an example eventually ?

I had the same basic complaint during the beta. The music is just too quiet. Absolutely nothing wrong with the music itself - i thought it was superb and well timed within the missions. I ended up taking sfx and voice to about 75% and music to 100%, then cranked up the overall volume in Windows or on the speakers.

Up to the second mission.

Man, this is brilliant. I feel just like a Viper pilot, this is the greatest.

Thank you guys!!!

Offline damson

I have a question, is there a way to bring the advanced settings to their default values (in the launcher)? I accidently switched them all off by selecting "Default FS2" in the "Flag sets" drop-down menu.

If not, could someone tell which options were ticked by default? I tried reinstalling Diaspora but it didn't helped.

The game is great btw, space combat looks exactly like in the show - amazing. Congrats to the team behind the project. I can't wait for next release.

Offline PhRey

• Composer
    • Ph.Rey Music
Thank you for your feedback Spoon. May i ask what would be for you a good (intense) music for this missions ? Have you an example eventually ?

I had the same basic complaint during the beta. The music is just too quiet. Absolutely nothing wrong with the music itself - i thought it was superb and well timed within the missions. I ended up taking sfx and voice to about 75% and music to 100%, then cranked up the overall volume in Windows or on the speakers.
Intetesting ;o) So for you this lack of "tension" could be solved with a better volume balance between music and sounds ?

Offline damson

I have a question, is there a way to bring the advanced settings to their default values (in the launcher)? I accidently switched them all off by selecting "Default FS2" in the "Flag sets" drop-down menu.

If not, could someone tell which options were ticked by default? I tried reinstalling Diaspora but it didn't helped.

The game is great btw, space combat looks exactly like in the show - amazing. Congrats to the team behind the project. I can't wait for next release.
OK, I sorted this out myself - it appears that the wxLauncher it's not uninstalled with the game itelf. I deleted it manually from User/AppData/Roaming folder (win7), reinstalled Diaspora and the settings are back at their default values.

II think it can also be uninstalled manually from -> Diaspora/wxLauncher/Uninstall.exe

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
i can increase the volume a bit for the next patch...no problems... as i said, i tried to make The overall mix between voices SFX and musics as close as i can to the tvshow.

In BSG musics are really weack and SFX are ''muffled'' as the were played underwater....this, unfortunately, decrease A LOT the sounds presence,since i used lowpass filters .

If i increase the Music too much the SFX and dialogues wil suffer too much.

Anyway, since seems people have some complaints about that, i'll try to re-balance everything in the next patch.
Thanks for the feedback :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

In the custom flags section, paste this

Code: [Select]
-post_process -soft_particles -fxaa -cache_bitmaps -ship_choice_3d -weapon_choice_3d -warp_flash -snd_preload -ambient_factor 90 -spec_exp 0.7 -spec_tube 1.0 -spec_point 0.7 -spec_static 1.0 -ogl_spec 15 -bloom_intensity 20
The launcher will then sort things out next time.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ

Immediately after posting that I thought to myself exactly the same thing (more professional), and on a hunch visited the credits in the techroom and sure enough, there was everything I just asked for.
Sorry but 'looks more professional' is... an absolutely silly argument imo. That just makes it sound pretentious and like its forgotten who the audience is (gamers). I've also seen *plenty* of other games that had their crew listed with nicknames in the credits.
Anyway, not to start a fight over something rather trivial.  :p

Cranking up the volume of the music would be a good start!

Edit: I just remembered that I forgot to mention how much I love that new gunsight (instead of the lead indicator). Took me a small moment to get used to it, but I quickly started loving it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:19:25 am by Spoon »
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Cerebus

I cant thank all of you who worked on this enough.  Ive been waiting for THIS game my whole life!  It is excelent.

Offline Madcat

So, in order to play your glorious game at the gloriously smooth framerates I saw in Brennus' glorious "Flight (HD)" youtube vid, I went and bought a glorious new PC today.  :cool:

That's how good this game is. Seriously. :nod:

World's smallest nitpick: its impossible to see kills when flying the raptor, as the inside of the cockpit there is blue as is the kill counter. Not that it really matters, but for blood knights like me, its just bothering not knowing how many pathetic little raiders I've exploded thus far :D

Offline Swifty

• I reject your fantasy & substitute my own
Sorry but 'looks more professional' is... an absolutely silly argument imo. That just makes it sound pretentious and like its forgotten who the audience is (gamers). I've also seen *plenty* of other games that had their crew listed with nicknames in the credits.
Anyway, not to start a fight over something rather trivial.  :p

Speak for yourself. If I had the decision as to which name would appear on the credit reels, I would have just kept my real name in there and kept my nickname out entirely.

I really don't see how having nicknames in there would make the game more enjoyable for our audience.

Offline newman

If anyone wants to connect names with nicknames, they can always go to tech library -> credits in the game itself, or open up credits.tbl directly.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Another thing that I realized is that a nice professional looking credits sequence like this would be extremely useful for any team member who would like to use the game in his portfolio when job searching.

For such a purpose, adding the forum handle could be a detriment, depending to a degree on whether your handle is something like "Swifty" or "Dirt McStain" (No offense Dirt, but yours was the most entertaining name on this page).

By the way is there a steam group for this? Might be worth looking into if we can get some kind of community on there as well.

Every time eternal silence holds a game they post an announcement on their event page

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Another thing that I realized is that a nice professional looking credits sequence like this would be extremely useful for any team member who would like to use the game in his portfolio when job searching.

For such a purpose, adding the forum handle could be a detriment, depending to a degree on whether your handle is something like "Swifty" or "Dirt McStain" (No offense Dirt, but yours was the most entertaining name on this page).
If you want to be looking for a desk job at some kind of company that is not a game development studio, sure. 
Again, look at how many game credit rolls have nicknames included in them. Quite a few!
Even as developers, we're still gamers. And so are the people that work in the game industry (most of the time at least :p )

I really don't see how having nicknames in there would make the game more enjoyable for our audience.
Well for one thing, I would actually know who worked on this based on the credit roll that is shoved in your face at the start of the game  :p

Anyways that's my last post on this subject.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Well, my work here is done, then. <hangs giant "Mission Accomplished " banner above the Theseus landing pod.>