Author Topic: 20080426 revision 4609  (Read 10965 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: 20080423 revision 4608
Yet another bug.  This one is multiplayer only.

http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/view.php?id=1673
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
just a quick question , this is marked a 3.6.9 build , it has no normal maps and no jpa /tga textures but logs into 3.6.10 network in multiplayer can you please clarify what this build is as we are bug testing 3.6.10 multiplayer........

Sorry, guess I forgot to change the file name.  The default in the build process is apparently to name them 3.6.9 still, and I didn't even notice it.  It's just a checkout from SVN, stable branch, and then built as-is.  It's only 'marked' a 3.6.9 build by the filename, in game it's still 3.6.10 correct?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
just a quick question , this is marked a 3.6.9 build , it has no normal maps and no jpa /tga textures but logs into 3.6.10 network in multiplayer can you please clarify what this build is as we are bug testing 3.6.10 multiplayer........

Sorry, guess I forgot to change the file name.  The default in the build process is apparently to name them 3.6.9 still, and I didn't even notice it.  It's just a checkout from SVN, stable branch, and then built as-is.  It's only 'marked' a 3.6.9 build by the filename, in game it's still 3.6.10 correct?

Correct.  It shows as a 3.6.10 build.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Shade

It also connnects fine to the 3.6.10 server in MP, and plays nice enough when paired with Xt builds. We were able to test both of those extensively tonight.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ryan, I uploaded another build that had a change done to hudbrackets.cpp, and might have been a bugfix just after I made the last build.  Give it a shot if you want.  Hasn't been any real activity on SVN since the 23rd though.

Build
MD5Sum
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline Backslash

• Bring Our Might To Bear
Yeah that fixes the targetinfo bug.  I did that.  My bad. :nervous:

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
No problem, I had just timed my first build poorly I guess, you squeezed that fix in just a few hours after I got it posted.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
That fixed the targetinfo bug, but not the multiplayer bug or the big mysterious one.  Note that I've added a few more test scenarios and information over the original bug report in the case of the mysterious one.

Offline Topgun

what's the big mysterious one? mantis isn't working right now.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
what's the big mysterious one? mantis isn't working right now.

If you have Derelict SCP, try playing the mission "The Sting" in this build.  Whatever is causing the mess that results has been introduced between Taylor's 0314 XT build and now.

Essentially:
-A Sobek can drive right into/through an Orion model (which the FSU says is a code problem).
-The Sobek totally ignores its waypoints, which work fine in every other build.
-Fighters are not properly accounted for, so even when all fighters are killed you're left with a positive count of 1 that screws up the rest of the mission.

I have a theory on the fighter problem:  I think that the game is not counting kills of a remaining fighter from the first wave of the wing once the second has arrived.  Thus, even when both waves have been killed you're left with the number remaining from the first wing once the second has shown up.

I'm sure these are larger bugs that will appear in multiple places given the things they affect, this just happens to be the mission I discovered them in and which they are glaringly obvious.

Offline Deckard

• DECK-A-R&D
Hey, thank you! :)
-------------------------------
Deckard a.k.a The Silencer