Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 578227 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I actually prefer interior designing than exterior designing
"No"

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Grimper, I improved the station where your house is. Check it out and tell me if you approve.

Ah nice, I meant to do that myself but I didn't have any leftover booster rails.

Thanks ;)
When Australia burned.

Together since the world began, the madman and the lover.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR

Incidentally, thank you for not neglecting the interior.  There's too many cool structures on the multiplayer server that feel like they're going to waste, because once you're inside, there's nothing to see.

Ooo! My castle barely has anything inside... I do have a fireplace and gardens outside though. :P

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Fenris is gonna have plenty inside.... :nervous:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
I need to deck out that boring tower I built south of town. Anyone got some bright ideas? I may also extend my rail to the west soon, Ive really been dragging my feet on that extension (pinbalance heights). Its probbly because if that lava lake I encountered.

On a side note, has there been any official word on that annoying claustrophobia vision crap at lower levels? It drives me nuts.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline watsisname

On a side note, has there been any official word on that annoying claustrophobia vision crap at lower levels? It drives me nuts.

You and me, both.  I gave up one of my single-player projects involving large open space near bedrock because that effect agitated me so much. :(
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
Btw what's with the lack of hostile mobs in the server? My mob trap is refusing to work and I can't even find any when I'm wandering around outside at night :(
When Australia burned.

"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Really? I'm constantly under siege.

Entire swarms spawn at once...it's not uncommon for 5-6 endermen to gather beside my cathedral. Evne skeletons riders.

And hte bloody endermen keep steling blocks from my wall! :mad:
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
D: give me your mobses
When Australia burned.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I've yet to see an Enderman in my game.  From what I've heard, that's a very good thing.

Man, by whatever stroke of luck, I dug my original little survival cave right on top of a massive network of caverns.  I've been down there a couple of times lighting up passage after passage, and I've still yet to explore most of the place.  I've stumbled across quite a few underground rivers and lava pools/falls, and my last trip turned up some gold deposits and a single diamond(!) block.  I didn't bring my sole iron pickaxe with me, so I had to leave them alone for the moment, but I'll sure as hell be back for them.  It's really creepy being down there that deep; I keep getting nailed by skeleton arrows before I see them, and I've had one or two zombies seemingly appear out of nowhere and jump me.  Yeesh.

Oh, and while I'm thinking of things...what do you guys do with the massive amounts of dirt you've no doubt dug up?  It piles up so quickly in my inventory, I'm thinking of starting to chuck it into one of those lava pools. :p

Offline -Sara-

Btw what's with the lack of hostile mobs in the server? My mob trap is refusing to work and I can't even find any when I'm wandering around outside at night :(

Is it in a non spawn zone?
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
I've seen a couple of mobs around, but they're so rare I haven't even been able to make a bow yet :\
When Australia burned.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Yeah, really don't know how to fix that, it's been a problem since the start. there's an insane amount of caves, so I think there's just a lot of them in there.
There's also a hard-limit of 150 hostile mobs per server, so yeah...
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Grimper

• Minecraft
I've checked the entity count when I'm the only person on the server though. Visible entities is at 0 most of the time, with 10-30 invisible ones. Even if those 30 invisibles are all mobs, that's no where near the hostile mob limit.

I think I know what the problem is though. I've noticed that if I leave item drops in a chunk then go away for ages, when I come back the items are still there because that chunk was "paused" (for lack of a better word) by that server plugin you have installed to save memory. It's possible that mobs are getting stuck in paused chunks too, and not despawning like they should, which would prevent them from spawning elsewhere due to the mob limit (though if that's the case then the F3 screen isn't showing the real entity count)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 05:51:00 am by Grimper »
When Australia burned.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I've yet to see an Enderman in my game.  From what I've heard, that's a very good thing.

Man, by whatever stroke of luck, I dug my original little survival cave right on top of a massive network of caverns.  I've been down there a couple of times lighting up passage after passage, and I've still yet to explore most of the place.  I've stumbled across quite a few underground rivers and lava pools/falls, and my last trip turned up some gold deposits and a single diamond(!) block.  I didn't bring my sole iron pickaxe with me, so I had to leave them alone for the moment, but I'll sure as hell be back for them.  It's really creepy being down there that deep; I keep getting nailed by skeleton arrows before I see them, and I've had one or two zombies seemingly appear out of nowhere and jump me.  Yeesh.

Oh, and while I'm thinking of things...what do you guys do with the massive amounts of dirt you've no doubt dug up?  It piles up so quickly in my inventory, I'm thinking of starting to chuck it into one of those lava pools. :p
Build a mud wall o_o

Offline -Sara-

Build a mud wall o_o

I toss it in water or lava. But with how the silly ol' server freezes chunks when you're not in them I end up picking it up again without being willing to do that. :P
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft

I have a battlestar, and I can fly it :D

Enough dakka to wreck a fleet in one salvo.

The port airlock.

Welcome to CIC, where everything happens.  At the fore of the room is the captain's chair and main gun control, on each side are the primary and secondary broadside control stations.

The spinal gun viewed from the inside.  This thing will punch holes in your ship at 200 m.

We all know a spaceship is jack-all if it can't dock.  So here, docking port.  AERIAL COUPLING FTW.

Wondering what the heck you're looking at?  It's the minecraft equivalent of a nuclear weapon.  Block spawner tied to a pulsar. 

For the officers and crew.

Gotta have vipers.  Not to scale, but wtf.  At least it moves fast.

My fleet, sitting around being bored because there aren't enough things to explode.  Yet.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I stopped by the server a bit earlier, and qaz and Kyad showed me around the Fenris.  I've seen the pictures, but they didn't do any justice to the sense of scale you get when you're standing inside it. :D

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Gotta have vipers.  Not to scale, but wtf.  At least it moves fast.

Implying it actually flies?
"No"

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Considering he said he can fly the Battlestar.