Author Topic: Fix for Hatty's Turret 10 error  (Read 3079 times)

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Fix for Hatty's Turret 10 error
I noticed earlier today that Turret 10 on the Hatshepsut (in the root_FS2 ship table) has a slight error; the turret's weapon is stated as 'Standard Flak' but the bank is set to SBank. Can't decide what :v: indended (flak turret or Fusion Mortar turret) but for now assuming the flak is correct (as someone typed it in there, could have been intended as a mortar though), so thought i'd flag it up for the modders if they wanted to look into it.

Did make this mini-.tbm to drop in and fix it (if only so i actually did something for a change as opposed to whining at modders :lol:), but those interested might prefer to change it yourselves as part of your mods/MVPs your doing, instead of this file taking up space. I assume flak but if you think mortar instead go for it, ya just need to change the weapon entry.

(Attention Ninjas: Attachment has been wired :P :lol:)

[attachment deleted by a ninja]
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Re: Fix for Hatty's Turret 10 error
NO. YOU MOST NOT FIX IT - IT MAY BREAK RETAIL BALANCE.
The Hattie should have one no-working torrot.

Seriously though, while I'm all for fixing :v:'s table flubs, where do we draw the line?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Looking at that turret it's a multipart, of which the Hatshesput's multiparts are all Fusion Mortars. For the sake of uniformity if it needed to be fixed it should also be a Fusion Mortar.
At the same time it should remain as it is for Retail behavior's sake.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
That's the kind of thing noone prevents you to fix in your own mod. However, for retail balance's sake, I don't think FSU will decide to fix it themselves.

Although if it doesn't affect the balance whatsoever in any mission of the retail campaign, that might still be a possibility, since FSU doesn't aim at keeping the balance for every single mod out there, only the retail campaign...
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Ah, didn't think that of course other mods would rely on the retail table too, so yeah it might break balance for them even if it doesen't in the vanilla game. Good point.

Good point too Zane; i recall in fact when i tested it breifly the turret was still saying 'missile bay' so might've been intended as one. I just assumed Flak as it had been typed in.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
I have often thought that there should be a FSU offshoot for making improvements to missions, not just making things look prettier, it would be a separate mod built upon standard FSU
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
FSU already makes improvements to missions. Just to name the best known one, Hercs replaced by Lokis in mission 2 to match the wingmen lines. There are also various bugfixes to the retail missions.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
This is going to turn into Beam Fade 2.0 isn't it
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
I've often considered doing a "reborn" version of the main fs2 campaign.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

I've often considered doing a "reborn" version of the main fs2 campaign.

This.  :yes:

Among many other positive improvements that talented coders, modders, and FREDders would bring to a "Reborn" version of the main FS2 campaign, IMHO one of the greatest would be the ability to use all of the coding/feature improvements that are suggested and often implemented, but not as defaults.

Consider some of the recently mentioned efforts...
Some Missiles leading their targets instead of chasing them
Subsystems being damaged when actually hit, not when sometimes nonsensical circular/ovoid regions around subsystems are hit (Think about the Sathanas' Forward LRFlakkers in "High Noon")
Fixing defective turrets such as this topic's #10 on the Hattie
And so many more...

The original FS2 campaign can be left the way that FSU has it now,  :v-old: bugs and all, in order to preserve it and its balance.  A modernized and enhanced FS2 campaign can stand beside it, using the best that the SCP has to offer.  Both camps, those that want to leave the classic FS2 campaign untouched and those that feel it can be enhanced and yet remain balanced and true to  :v:'s vision, can be satisfied.

Rga_Noris, if you ever go ahead with this, for whatever it's worth, you will have my thanks, and I believe, the thanks of those who want to see FS2 with ALL the wonders that the SCP and FSU have brought into the FreeSpace community.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Okay just to clarify... Its a mere glimmer in my eye right now. I have no design document or plans. If I ever do a campaign, it would likely be one that I already have a (near) complete design document for, and only after I finish up some more assets for FSU.
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

In the meantime, one can always do stuff like changing the missions' ai_profiles. And change the loadout of everything carrying trebs.

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Here's my current list:

1)Finish Arcadia
2)Finish Moloch
3)Finish the Shivans
4)Finish the Shivans
5)Finish the Shivans

All while helping with BtA.

So, in the meantime, i'll work on those.