Author Topic: INFA Eyecandy Thread  (Read 134879 times)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: INFA Eyecandy Thread
Comparison shots of both INFA trailers

Trailer1:

Trailer2:

Just in case you missed the second one.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'd like to say we've come a long way since then. :)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Before I forget, might as well shoot this out - interface art. (Forgive me if I sound senseless 'cause it's 2:30am here and this was something I wanted to bring up a day or two ago, but forgot till now, so I don't quite remember what I wanted to say. :sigh:)

I know Inferno will be using sensible damage bars as opposed to the daydreaming-inducing rotating tech displays, and that "use models for ship selection" is a requirement, but IMO it would be nice if each gun had its own individual icon. Maybe just edit the existing icons here and there to denote gun variants, and use totally different ones for any of the new weapons. But the only thing I can do is manual pencil-on-paper drawings without a ruler that don't give a thought to accurate dimensions... :(

Say maybe the Avenger II. Perhaps a slightly (and visibly) different icon to tell it apart from the Avenger? Or perhaps in the case of Inferno SCP when you have a mission where you can choose from the entire Allied and EA fleet combined - it would be a bit confusing to find an EA gun/missile share the same icon as a GTVA one. (Shivan weapons on the other hand... naah I don't expect Shivan campaigns to be commonplace :doubt:)

It doesn't matter much (player just has to look through the inventory screen carefully instead of rushing through as always), but I think it's the overall presentation that counts. :)
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We use shipchoice3d so that we don't have to make full spinning anis for over 40 fighters, which would take months and be several hundred megs.

The INF SCP mostly follow that idea except for some weapons like the PAC guns due to them being the same basic weapon, so they use the same icon.

Your not really supposed t use the Avenger and Avenger II at the same time, and the Avenger II icon needs to match the one used in INF SCP.

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Well shipchoice3d is "use models for ship selection" in the first place, so I get your point. But not supposed to use the Avenger and the Avenger II at the same time...? Ship loadouts modified or something? :doubt:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Avenger is there mostly for FSPort compatability. It's only really used in a few hostile INFA wings to weaken them a bit if needed.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I nice choice for pirates in my opinion...good for balance :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Noted.

Though I remember the first time I booted up INFA, I loaded up on both Avengers in the Apollo... :lol: and then both icons were the same. On at least one occasion I flew with the wrong loadout... :doubt:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I agree.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
The Avenger does low damage to heavy fighters and bombers because it's a 'light' weapon in the armour table, the Avenger II is a 'medium' weapon the same as the Prometheus.

The Avenger is only good against weak ships like the Angel or Apollo, it's useless against the Antaeus and Hercules when the Avenger II is 2x more powerful in that situation. The Avenger II is 5x more powerful than the Avenger when used on a destroyer.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
frakking armor table :P

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Against the Gorgon the Avenger does 10% damage and the Avenger II does 50% damage. That table is very useful :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Guh.

More eyecandy!

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
The odd thing is that I never noticed it. I simply keep firing away...

But the tables are hard enough that even Medium is real difficult for me (FS2 default AI rules I play no higher than Medium at most, for INFA I play Easy). :doubt:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
The Avenger looks cool :)

Guh.

More eyecandy!

Screenshots from my missions, please :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
I have some shots of the Erinome from the mission you just posted, will that do?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
As long as there are no messages displayed in the HUD...it's ok :blah:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I have some shots of the Erinome from the mission you just posted, will that do?

Can you? I mean there's a certain *something* that the public haven't seen yet.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
So? Rampages makes all references to the plot unreadable in his screenshots. Woo can do the same with INFA. ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

I removed the directives to keep Snail happy :)