Author Topic: RELEASE: Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Teaser Demo v1.0.2 [CLASSIFIED]  (Read 24938 times)

Re: RELEASE: Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Teaser Demo v1.0.0 [CLASSIFIED]
Error: At least three fonts have to be loaded but only 0 valid entries were found!
File: font.cpp
Line: 376

ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 20 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 162 bytes
fs2_open_3_8_0_x64_AVX.exe! <no symbol>
KERNEL32.DLL! BaseThreadInitThunk + 20 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlUserThreadStart + 33 bytes

Actually i wonder, why i have to explain you how to create a patch for your mod?

Also i thought, that you use Knossos for a reason.

Somehow I think the entire "let's help Bryan so that Shattered Stars reaches SGWP2 level" is just getting pointless. :sigh:

Could be easier to make an own "The Final War for the Multiverse" mod, huh?  :D

NO.

While I was wondering what Assassin714 was up to at the beginning, that roleplay game has shown painfully everything what this mod is missing. There was a concept. An idea where to go from there. It was written in a way that it got people interested. And about half a dozen people contributed.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
@HLD_Prophecy: This is totally different, and don't even try to compare your Lost to this... creation. Relating a bit to Nightmare's post, a lone modder with his campaign should by any means try to find someone to test it a bit for some reasons. But one can do really much in regards to testing alone. For example, generating a debug log and fixing anything causing errors and warnings to pop up. Going through the F3 Lab and checking if all assets have no visible issues, like an obvious lack of textures or of a model. Cleaning up any unused stuff that is a dead weight to the mod and packing what remains into several VPs for user convenience. Playing the campaign from start to finish normally, like any player would to check if any more or less gamebreaking bugs are present. It's really obvious that none, I repeat, not a single thing that I just wrote here was even attempted with this mod.
And you need beta testers for: a) checking if the mod works on different computers just as fine, b) providing feedback on your lore and plot, c) providing feedback on your mission design, d) reporting any bugs you didn't notice by any chance, e) reporting problems caused by the fact that the dev can't put him/herself in player's place very effectively since there are things obvious for the dev that players will not know or miss them.

And about the Unicode, uhm... problem. I myself have no issues with it whatsoever. FSO has got it definitely implemented properly. The problem is in Shattered Stars, not in FSO. Bryan See, your mod is configured on Knossos to use the 3.8.0 release which does not have Unicode support. Just make it use a recent nightly build - it will solve most of the problems. I am not sure what is the situation with AMD cards having problems though.

Also, Bryan See, many people described their workarounds in this topic already. You need to read it from the beginning, completely and carefully. I am very sure that I've written down most of them in one of my previous posts.
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
Error: At least three fonts have to be loaded but only 0 valid entries were found!
File: font.cpp
Line: 376

ntdll.dll! NtWaitForSingleObject + 20 bytes
KERNELBASE.dll! WaitForSingleObjectEx + 162 bytes
KERNEL32.DLL! BaseThreadInitThunk + 20 bytes
ntdll.dll! RtlUserThreadStart + 33 bytes

It requires a nightly build. Configure your Knossos launcher to download a latest nightly build.

And it has updated to 1.0.1.

BTW, FSO 3.8.0 is not supported. Use a nightly build.

With most of the errors fixed, can I have my release posted at the highlights section?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:48:50 pm by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

NOTE: Knossos can be configured to download recent nightlies by setting "preferred engine stability" in the Knossos tab of the settings menu to "nightlies." Update your SCP "mod" in Knossos to download the latest nightly build, then select it as you would any other build.
Please don't tell users to change their settings. This can affect other mods as well and have unintended side-effects (there's a reason we have "stable" and "nightly" releases).
If you specify the correct FSO dependency in your mod, it'll work even if the preferred engine stability is set to "stable".

Thread title hasn't been updated yet.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    • Twitter
Re: RELEASE: Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Teaser Demo v1.0.1 [CLASSIFIED]
NOTE: Knossos can be configured to download recent nightlies by setting "preferred engine stability" in the Knossos tab of the settings menu to "nightlies." Update your SCP "mod" in Knossos to download the latest nightly build, then select it as you would any other build.
Please don't tell users to change their settings. This can affect other mods as well and have unintended side-effects (there's a reason we have "stable" and "nightly" releases).
If you specify the correct FSO dependency in your mod, it'll work even if the preferred engine stability is set to "stable".

Thread title hasn't been updated yet.
Thread title updated.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
With most of the errors fixed, can I have my release posted at the highlights section?

No.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

No.
Why not? Are there any issues?

And what's the criteria?

And I need help.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Why is it so important for you to get into the Highlight section?

There are many very good releases and things on HLP that were never mentioned there...
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

There are many very good releases and things on HLP that were never mentioned there...
Because it is a standalone teaser demo and a unique feature that involves Shivan capship command and introns...

I am the creator of this project, and the project head.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

Highlighting is less restrictive these days, but this is probably still lightyears away from being one.

Because it is a standalone teaser demo and a unique feature that involves Shivan capship command and introns...

:rolleyes:

Everyone take a shot with a gun o' course.

Why does it need to be standalone, actually? I don't see why using a normal mod with MVPs should do any harm to this. BP and INF are WAAAYYYY more complex and use nothing but retail and MVPs. It just pushes DL size to absurd levels.

Offline NeonShivan

No.

And what's the criteria?

And I need help.

BloodFleet described this mod quite nicely by saying that what essentially happened was that you took Freespace and took a heaping pile of **** all over it. That is how, we, the community, feel about Shattered Stars. We have told you time and time again that this modification was not ready for release and you essentially put your fingers in your ears like a petulant child. If I were to compare you to a triple A developer, you would be Electronic Arts, but the difference between you and EA is that their games are remotely enjoyable and entirely functional. I have been more than patient with you, and if it were up to me I would of fired you out of a cannon towards the furthest observable star. Your modification, as it currently stands, is hardly worth the attention it has currently received.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

But it received more attention than INF Nostos in the meantime...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile

No.
Indeed.
Yes. Tons of bugs.
And what's the criteria?
Yes. It must be quality and working stuff.
And I need help.
Yes. Indeed...

Start from taking debug build and launch SS using it. I guess it will be the first time you do it. Fix all the errors popping up at start. Than go to techroom, press Ctlr+Shift+S and select every model one after another. If any error pop up, fix it. Do this with every model you have in your modpack.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

No.

And what's the criteria?

And I need help.

BloodFleet described this mod quite nicely by saying that what essentially happened was that you took Freespace and took a heaping pile of **** all over it. That is how, we, the community, feel about Shattered Stars. We have told you time and time again that this modification was not ready for release and you essentially put your fingers in your ears like a petulant child. If I were to compare you to a triple A developer, you would be Electronic Arts, but the difference between you and EA is that their games are remotely enjoyable and entirely functional. I have been more than patient with you, and if it were up to me I would of fired you out of a cannon towards the furthest observable star. Your modification, as it currently stands, is hardly worth the attention it has currently received.
This mod is set hundreds to even thousands of years into the future, perhaps overlapping with Mortal Engines, of which this mod is a stealth sequel. It's not a mash up of franchises. This is a Teaser Demo. Its about the Shivans. They want to punish transgressions by many races, especially after the events involving the destruction of Earth. In doing so, they attract attention from Vishnu, who want to wage war on the Shivans for some reason after banishing them from the Great Council formed by Brahma in the First Time. It may take place in another universe different than the GTVA's.

:rolleyes:

Everyone take a shot with a gun o' course.

Why does it need to be standalone, actually? I don't see why using a normal mod with MVPs should do any harm to this. BP and INF are WAAAYYYY more complex and use nothing but retail and MVPs. It just pushes DL size to absurd levels.
I wanted to be like Inferno: Alliance Standalone.

But it received more attention than INF Nostos in the meantime...
Because I wanted to combine Blue Planet and INF into one that is intended to be the "epilogue of the FreeSpace saga."

No.
Indeed.
Yes. Tons of bugs.
And what's the criteria?
Yes. It must be quality and working stuff.
And I need help.
Yes. Indeed...

Start from taking debug build and launch SS using it. I guess it will be the first time you do it. Fix all the errors popping up at start. Than go to techroom, press Ctlr+Shift+S and select every model one after another. If any error pop up, fix it. Do this with every model you have in your modpack.

Yes I can.

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I wanted to be like Inferno: Alliance Standalone.

Why??? INFASA is far away from getting done, and if it ever will it probably won't be standalone. Look at INF Nostos - originally Standalone, now a "normal" mod. It's showing a major problem with your work: you see something and say to yourself "I want that too", for no real reason.

Because I wanted to combine Blue Planet and INF into one that is intended to be the "epilogue of the FreeSpace saga."

Stop making Rampage angry by comparing your... creature feature with INF. :D

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter

No.

Missing textures, subsystems and not properly working models for example?
Use a Debug Build and look at every ship and weapon in the TechDB, fix the issues and atleast the biggest problems could be fixed.

Also the missions have big issues.

Played "The Great Destroyers" moments ago

Well, seems to have some Introns, because i do not have any control over my Afterburners... and it seem to be control the camera sometime. From time to time the HUD vanished and the target monitor was in the left upper corner suddenly...
At the end of the mission, i have a black screen for 15 seconds and get into the AWOL debriefing... right after the camera left my ship again ^^.

And well... even i fight countless enemies... they were not even able to damage my ship, because their weapons does not seem to make any shield damage or it is very low at least... on Insane(!!!). So, there is a big balancing issue.

The capship mission has the same problem... actually you only try to get into firing range of the enemies, shoot your death ball and wait until it is recharged... there does not seem to be any challenge difficult wise at all. Not to speak, that you can not see the recharge timer (if there is any), because the weapon name is too long for the HUD. Aswell.. the already mentioned instant completion of both objectives and directives.

So, there is a mission where i need to do nothing... and two missions where i am actually nearly invurnerable (nearly because you can die... if you do things too wrong). Not a good quota for a 4 mission campaign imo :nervous:

Well, i do not see how Blue Planet and Inferno can take place in the same universe. Is Shattered Stars about parallel universe travel now?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:44:59 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline NeonShivan

This mod is set hundreds to even thousands of years into the future, perhaps overlapping with Mortal Engines, of which this mod is a stealth sequel. It's not a mash up of franchises. This is a Teaser Demo. Its about the Shivans. They want to punish transgressions by many races, especially after the events involving the destruction of Earth. In doing so, they attract attention from Vishnu, who want to wage war on the Shivans for some reason after banishing them from the Great Council formed by Brahma in the First Time. It may take place in another universe different than the GTVA's.

(•_•)
 <)  )/

( •_•)
\(  (>

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Offline Bryan See

• Twitter

No.

Missing textures, subsystems and not properly working models for example?
Use a Debug Build and look at every ship and weapon in the TechDB, fix the issues and atleast the biggest problems could be fixed.

Also the missions have big issues.

Played "The Great Destroyers" moments ago

Well, seems to have some Introns, because i do not have any control over my Afterburners... and it seem to be control the camera sometime. From time to time the HUD vanished and the target monitor was in the left upper corner suddenly...
At the end of the mission, i have a black screen for 15 seconds and get into the AWOL debriefing... right after the camera left my ship again ^^.

And well... even i fight countless enemies... they were not even able to damage my ship, because their weapons does not seem to make any shield damage or it is very low at least... on Insane(!!!). So, there is a big balancing issue.

The capship mission has the same problem... actually you only try to get into firing range of the enemies, shoot your death ball and wait until it is recharged... there does not seem to be any challenge difficult wise at all. Not to speak, that you can not see the recharge timer (if there is any), because the weapon name is too long for the HUD. Aswell.. the already mentioned instant completion of both objectives and directives.

So, there is a mission where i need to do nothing... and two missions where i am actually nearly invurnerable (nearly because you can die... if you do things too wrong). Not a good quota for a 4 mission campaign imo :nervous:

Well, i do not see how Blue Planet and Inferno can take place in the same universe. Is Shattered Stars about parallel universe travel now?
Shattered Stars is about a parallel universe. It happens to take place about the same time as Mortal Engines, whose events happen as a local event.

Do I need to write a design doc to make up for this?

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:

Ships:

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template