Author Topic: Exile - News  (Read 31556 times)

Offline CT27

Thanks for your help, I think I get it now.  So the current link in the beginning of the Library thread is 1.2 for non-Knossos users?

https://fsnebula.org/mod/ExileITDW

Yep that's the one I took and the VPs (those that were updated) have 11.04.2018 as date.

i didnt get it

'nother thing, the mod ini and the launcher pic are missing.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
'nother thing, the mod ini and the launcher pic are missing.
Geeez... I dunno how to knossos properly -____-

Library updated with modfolder download.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

I think such stuff is usually provided in "Core" named files, but I dunno if it's relevant.

Just out of interest, did you noticed my comment in the discussion thread?
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=91647.msg1863090#msg1863090

I ask because unless you renamed/removed all ships from retail, the issues (atleast those regarding the plot details) are still there...

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I know for sure that I forgot about this explosion flashes. I will add those in next update. Rest should be done, except for that economy thing. Unregulated economy is part of official Syndicate propaganda, same as neo-buddhist Equilibrium philosophy so this parts stays.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

I've checked the missions and 2 of the issues were still in; nothing major, though.

Something weird is going on...exile downloaded like a charm on knossos, but the mod doesn't see my joystick. I have it enabled in knossos but it will not work ingame (it works with my other mods). However it works in wxlauncher. I just uploaded a debug to fsnebula if you wish to look at it

https://fsnebula.org/log/5ad0ce9fcb8db127a8b217de

This is the link to it

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Something weird is going on...exile downloaded like a charm on knossos, but the mod doesn't see my joystick. I have it enabled in knossos but it will not work ingame (it works with my other mods). However it works in wxlauncher. I just uploaded a debug to fsnebula if you wish to look at it

This is the link to it
I'm not expert in that matter. Except for that hud gauges error that we have no idea how to fix, everything looks normal. It may be some sort of Knossos error.

This is the link to it
I'm not expert in that matter. Except for that hud gauges error that we have no idea how to fix, everything looks normal. It may be some sort of Knossos error.

Guess what? Turns out I didn't activate my FSO build. The mod now sees my joystick after testing it in the control config settings :)

:bump:

I have both hi-res textures and hi-res effects somewhere on my HD but I can't find either of packages. We downsized majority of bitmaps in current release of ItDW for better performance. If I ever manage to find them, I will upload both.

Did the high-res stuff resurface somewhere?

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
:bump:

I have both hi-res textures and hi-res effects somewhere on my HD but I can't find either of packages. We downsized majority of bitmaps in current release of ItDW for better performance. If I ever manage to find them, I will upload both.

Did the high-res stuff resurface somewhere?
Unfortunately not.

I have whole "Exile Hi-Res" folder on my HD where textures and effects are supposed to be... But it's empty. And I have no idea why.
I probably stored those files on my network HD drive long time ago, than forgot about it. Unfortunately this HD also had issues an crashed several times. I'm afraid those files are lost.

That's unfortunate then. Stupid HDD. :(

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Thanks to the effort of Admiral Nelson, writing skills of Su-Tehp and assistance of team of testers - Iain Baker, Fusion, MatthewF, JCDNWarrior and thivvs, I'm pleased to announce that 2.0.0 of Into the Dark Waters is going online :]. It's supporting recent builds and operates under just released MVPs 4.7.X.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Congratulations to everyone involved.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."