Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 269850 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
jenners are op, nerf

Jenners aren't OP, AS7-D-DC are OP.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Did everyone grab their Free day of premium time yet? Supposedly adds on top of founders time.

Normally I get pissed off when I have to play the same map 3 times in a row, but Frozen City Night is just too damn cool.

I only got that map three times in ~4 hrs yesterday.  :nono: Forest Colony and River City left and right for me. Not that my AC/20 Hunch has a problem with RC :D
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
lol my gaussdragon had issues with RC, so I made it a dakkadragon.

And singling a YLW and a hunchie in a commando is satisfying as hell.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Satisfying is going toe-to-toe with a pair of Atlases in a COM-2D, killing one, and almosting the other down to a single-medium-lasers-at-dawn.

And then I blew up, but it was worth it.

A Feddie Story

pshaw. Satisfying is acing a commando who thinks he's all bad with his lag shields and streak spam and ecm :p

Or a 3L. Usually a 3L. ****ers are everywhere it seems. The other side had 3 of them in my last match plus an ecm'd atlas (D-DC?) Very very depressing like.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Hey, I legit did this stock. No streaks, no ECM.

A Feddie Story

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
We got caught by an uppity commando on RC, an advance scout started dancing around all 'can't catch me can't--'BOOOM.  Shot him in his face with a gauss round.  'Dude wtf just happened?' was all he said.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
We got caught by an uppity commando on RC, an advance scout started dancing around all 'can't catch me can't--'BOOOM.  Shot him in his face with a gauss round.  'Dude wtf just happened?' was all he said.
sweet
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Hey, I legit did this stock. No streaks, no ECM.

Well ****. Going to have to dip into my Highlander fund to give it a spin.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Hey, um, last I heard, the MWO site was infected with a deadly virus, has the all-clear been called?

Coming up on the next update: The Stalker and Conquest Mode (it's like take the five points and make sure they're yours long as you can, hopefully it can make Medium mechs more practical on the field again). Soon: TAG range upped to 750 meters to counteract ECM to make LRMs useful again... that's all I heard. Don't take it for fact.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I have a Highlander fund too... but I'm getting bored playing just Commando and Dragon all the time. 

EDIT: I just checked and if they stay true to TT prices, I have enough for a Highlander already.  Guess it's time to start a Catapult/Cataphract fund.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:16:25 pm by esarai »

Hey, um, last I heard, the MWO site was infected with a deadly virus, has the all-clear been called?

Coming up on the next update: The Stalker and Conquest Mode (it's like take the five points and make sure they're yours long as you can, hopefully it can make Medium mechs more practical on the field again). Soon: TAG range upped to 750 meters to counteract ECM to make LRMs useful again... that's all I heard. Don't take it for fact.

The site is all better now.

Conquest mode sounds nice*. Wish they would fix the horrible netcode first, then start balancing gear. 

*for organized groups, I can't even slightly imagine it not being a cluster**** in Pubs.

I have a Highlander fund too... but I'm getting bored playing just Commando and Dragon all the time.

Yeah huh. Sadly, I just saw how much xp I had sitting on my 4G and 4SP (20k+ per) and cleared the fund buying/outfitting a laserback so I could dump some of the xp. My 4SP has become an adorable smash-fisting ninja god of the battlefield. Not even sure I want a Highlander after my last few matches with it.

EDIT: I just checked and if they stay true to TT prices, I have enough for a Highlander already.

How much would that be then?

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Yeah huh. Sadly, I just saw how much xp I had sitting on my 4G and 4SP (20k+ per) and cleared the fund buying/outfitting a laserback so I could dump some of the xp.

Hahahah I know the feeling.  I have +46k sitting on my Dragon 1N.

My 4SP has become an adorable smash-fisting ninja god of the battlefield. Not even sure I want a Highlander after my last few matches with it.

Lol what's the loadout?
EDIT: I just checked and if they stay true to TT prices, I have enough for a Highlander already.

How much would that be then?

8,936,080 C-bills.  The value might be different given that they price variants based on the cost of their equipment, so I'm using the TT value as a ballpark estimate.

Lol what's the loadout?

Pretty much the standard I think: 250 standard engine for a struttin' 81kph base, endosteel, DHS (5 extra), 2x2 ML in the arms, ML in the head. 2 SRM 6, 3 tons ammo in the legs. Leg armor is at 39, but it might as well be in the teens. I can't remember a time I've been intentionally hit in the legs. 1.1 Heat efficiency, 55 firepower, 320 armor. A bit rough on the heat, but I'm a bit of a spaz in a circle-fight, so it could just be me.

8,936,080 C-bills.  The value might be different given that they price variants based on the cost of their equipment, so I'm using the TT value as a ballpark estimate.

Oooo. Thats not bad at all. I was kinda expecting it would be around a -K atlas.

*edit* tried finding it on the MWO forums but couldn't. Does anyone know what the laser dmg drop off out of range is off hand?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:58:19 pm by Suongadon »

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Lulz I can never hit anything with unguided SRMs.

IIRC, the lasers do maximum damage out to their effective range (the number in your weapon group selector), and then the damage scales from full to no damage at twice the effective range.

IIRC, the lasers do maximum damage out to their effective range (the number in your weapon group selector), and then the damage scales from full to no damage at twice the effective range.

I use them like a nice shoulder mounted shotgun to squik boats and whatevers from under 50m. Maybe 100 for an atlas or a not-awesome if Ive got its widest target profile, anything smaller or further out and lasers are da bestest.

In other news: **** the repair bill for running into a 6x6SRM Catapult. 60odd k, where a usual got-deaded is around 35 for this build. Explains how they post stupid 1k+ dmg numbers though.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Alright, those things about the patch I said... yeah, you can take them for fact now. Exact listing of the patch is here.

Yay, free eight mil. I'm going to buy a Catapult C4, grind that tree, then sell one of my Cats to finish Centurion (f___ing CN9-D costing eight mil).

In other news: **** the repair bill for running into a 6x6SRM Catapult. 60odd k, where a usual got-deaded is around 35 for this build. Explains how they post stupid 1k+ dmg numbers though.

"Six by six Cats" are *****es, worse than the Streak Cats and the AC-20 K2 units. (I use a 2xLB-10X K2, and I can only just peel those ****ers' layers off. I always get second or third place EXP-wise.)

On another note... that archway in Snow Forest that overlooks the tunnel entrance for the southeast base guys? I jumpjetted onto that (was a 2xSRM-6 C1 with a couple lasers), and while my buddies in the tunnel were taking beatings, I laid down SRM fire onto those guys choking the exit... and it took them two minutes to realize I was raining "death from above."

Ahhhh..... another case proving Valve's truthful statement "gamers don't look up."  :lol:
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

That's a very interesting update.

Capture Win and Assist have been removed.

So without rewards for capping, and identical rewards for win or lose, it seems like Assault is going to be a straight up deathmatch. I can work with that.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Ahhhh..... another case proving Valve's truthful statement "gamers don't look up."  :lol:

Humans don't look up.

A Feddie Story

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I daresay most gamers are humans...
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."