Author Topic: Status of Fred Academy  (Read 7375 times)

Offline mr.WHO

Campaign 2 M7 & M8 are 60% done I only need to ballance and upgrade them but I haven't much free time last days.
I will have some free time this week so I should be able to finish them, sorry for delay :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm still here.  I was assigned to C2M6, but I haven't started it yet.  I'll try to throw something together this week.

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
No need.

I've finished 7 missions of Campaign 2, and feel that its good enough to release it as the first chapter. I've titled it as desperation and its uploading to swooh now.

I'll create a seperate release thread for it though.
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Singh. Much though I appreciate your devotion to the project you're kind of undermining it by doing everything yourself :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
Originally posted by karajorma
Singh. Much though I appreciate your devotion to the project you're kind of undermining it by doing everything yourself :D

Well....i was stuck for 10 days with less than an hour of internet daily, with a computer that can only run vanilla FS2/FRED and a lot of hours to occupy whenever I wasnt playing Doom3 at the local gaming centre.

You do the math :P
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Hi. Can I enroll? I'm a decent FREDer, just can't use logics and variables 'n etc. I'm starting my own campaign, but no progress.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sure. The only thing I need to know is whether you prefer to use FRED2_Open or the Retail version of FRED.

Personally I'm a huge fan of using variables so I'd be more than happy to help other FREDders get the hang of using them :)

BTW If there are are any other people still involved who haven't piped up be sure to pipe up cause I'm going to start reassigning missions tomorrow night (especially in campaign 1 which has no spares).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 07:27:09 am by 340 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Heh. 2 hours late. Better than nothing though. I prefer both FRED versions. ;) I could also have some help with FRED Open, tho. I'd also need some help with advanced campaign stuff, logic signs, and medals in FRED Open. :D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 09:26:51 am by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
No problem. That's what the Academy is there for. There should be plenty of missions left on the third campaign.

Go to this thread
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,26793.msg539009.html#msg539009

and pick out something you like the look of that hasn't been assigned.  Feel free to pick out something difficult as we'll help you get the hang of stuff you don't know how to do yet :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I'll check it out.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
I think I'm going to have to drop out. I simply cannot find the time or the will to FRED anymore... sorry. :(
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's a real pity. Post what you've got so far and we'll polish it up and include it.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
here

In Fred I disabled the enemy freighters turrets to avoid to much confusion and added a counter to keep in check how many cargo survived the attack. Last thing I tried to make was the inicial part more "flamboyant". I'll try to finish this from time to time, although it's going to take a while.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Originally posted by Gai Daigoji
I'm still here, I think am down for campaign 4 retail.

I've cleared some space in Campaign 1 today. Feel free to pick a mission from there instead.