Author Topic: UW Eyecandy Thread  (Read 54993 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.

Click image above for full resolution

Click image above for full resolution
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:18:40 pm by Admiral Nelson »
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Nice, glad to see an update.  I was getting really used to seeing a no new posts logo below the link I'm always checking (SWC) :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Mmmmmm. Nice shots. :)

hey, in the second shot is that some new kind of terran fighter? if so- AWESOME!

either way, keep up the good work, this is lookin better and better
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
hey, in the second shot is that some new kind of terran fighter? if so- AWESOME!

Looks like it.

Offline Admiral Nelson

There are very few recycled FS craft in TVWP.  Most ships are new.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Will there be ****tier craft than the An00bis?

Offline Admiral Nelson

As the Anubis has laser weaponry it is a spaceborne harvester of death next to these ships. :)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Oh snap, seriously? :o
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

YUM, candy...

There are very few recycled FS craft in TVWP.  Most ships are new.

SCP 2 new?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Snail

• SC 5
As the Anubis has laser weaponry it is a spaceborne harvester of death next to these ships. :)

*blinks*

Wait... What? :wtf:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
These don't have lasers, and presumably ****ty guns, compared to FS1 era.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Say, if the Anubis wasn't armed with... Vasudan... Light Lasers... but... Some gun ****tier than that (:wtf:), would it still be better than the unification-era craft?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Um. I think Nelson is trying to say that compared to FS1, the Anubis is the Shivan Scorpion when the GTA couldn't fight them on equal terms.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well what I want to know is if the fastest unification-era interceptor does 50 m/s top speed and turns as slow as the Ursa...

Enough questions for today, thank you.   ;)

Direct comparisons between speed/damage points/etc. will not get you very far. Remember that there are a lot of other technical factors, like afterburners, missile accuracy, and even targeting computers that would change a lot in the 14+ years that TVWP covers. For example, jet engines of today are hardly more powerful than they were 30 years ago, but modern aerospace has advanced a long way in other areas since then. Suffice it to say that there will be an interesting mix of varying technical gaps between FS1 and early TVWP era.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 05:00:03 pm by Mustang19 »

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Please, one more! Sir! One more question!

There will be no negotiation, Snail.

Offline Admiral Nelson

The unification era craft are balanced against each other, and make for exciting missions.  There isn't that much value in introducing comparisons to crappy fighters from later eras -- nobody would want to fly a Nate in WWII, but it would easily tear up the best WWI fighters you could care to name.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, what I'm asking is if ships turn slowly and move slowly. Nothing to do with later ships. I ask this because I want to know if its hard to move between waypoints which are far away from each other, and if ships are hard to turn.