Author Topic: UW Eyecandy Thread  (Read 54990 times)

TVWP is not waypoint-based. It's similar to normal FS2 combat, simply without fighter jump drives. The carriers do most of the moving so that you don't have to reach some waypoint 20k away.

As for your other questions, all I can say is that the TVWP ships have been balanced for playability foremost, and many of our battles are more intense than what you'd find in standard FreeSpace, with as wide a slew of weapon choices as any mod, and no shields to save you when you screw up. The ships will inevitably be more challenging to fly and operate compared to the more advanced FS2 era stuff.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So like the early days of air combat, where only 1 in every 5066 pilots return home?

Rather, in air combat the majority of pilots never even encounter the enemy. But if you mean FreeSpace combat, with wingman dying left and right, then TVWP is still the same game. However, if you're talking about the handling problems, it's very hard to die in FreeSpace from anything other than combat.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I hope it doesn't feature the cliche green pilot talking about his girlfriend back home, right up until he gets shot. :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Hmm... Can we see some shots of the Reliant? I love that ship.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Yes, we know nothing about its combat capability. Can you post some screenshots?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think it would be slightly weaker than the Orion...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It must be weaker than the Orion, the Reliant is the predecessor!

Too bad you don't use the Zagreus, however...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Reliant is good. I don't see why you do not like it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Too bad you don't use the Zagreus, however...[/color]
I like the Reliant better than the Zagreus.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I don't think the name is FSish. Without considering the Watchdog, everything has a Mythological name. I have discussed this before.

Too bad you don't use the Zagreus, however...
I like the Reliant better than the Zagreus.

We know it. What about using both destroyers?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I don't think the name is FSish. Without considering the Watchdog, everything has a Mythological name. I have discussed this before.

This is because it was not built by the GTA. It was built by the United Nations of Earth (UNE). I think they use a different naming convention.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Supposing the Reliant were called the Goliath instead?

We know it. What about using both destroyers?
The Reliant is good enough by itself.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Reliant is good enough by itself.

Well there is now a HTL Zagreus if you're interested at all... Though you probably know this.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Rather, in air combat the majority of pilots never even encounter the enemy

Actually during the Fokker Scourge and in 1917, the Allies were losing around a dozen aircraft a week.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I suppose this belongs in the FAQ thread, but the fact that the last post in that thread was in 2005 "discouraged" me from posting there. I have a question.

Quote from: TVWP Website Chapter 1 Plot Summary
Pirates, renegade factions, and natural phenomena will test your skills.

What kind of natural phenomenon are we talking about?

Something that we forgot about apparently.

A lot of the info on that website is pretty old, as the news articles suggest.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
All enemy pilots are of 100% natural origin.  No clones, cyborgs, robots or mad computers were used.  Enemy pilots include no hidden additives, no hidden chemicals, no hidden preservatives, no artificial colors, no trans fats and no corn syrup.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Online Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
All enemy pilots are of 100% natural origin.  No clones, cyborgs, robots or mad computers were used.  Enemy pilots include no hidden additives, no hidden chemicals, no hidden preservatives, no artificial colors, no trans fats and no corn syrup.

But the packaging isn't made from environmentally safe material (nor is it 100% safe to humans either).