Author Topic: UW Eyecandy Thread  (Read 54991 times)

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
What's it made with, Shivan exoskeletons? :nervous:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Casing as in their fighters. :P

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Kind of looks like a BSG Viper, but I like it anyway. :nod:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Are you sure you didn't take that from BattleStar Galactica?  :doubt:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
That's not even the Viper model, jackass.

Texturing looks awesome. :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Are you sure you didn't take that from BattleStar Galactica?  :doubt:

Actually, that was my first thought too :P
But then I realized I'm an idiot.  Still very pretty though.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Of course you would've thought that, but I didn't see a fin. ;)

Offline Admiral Nelson

Lightspeed created the textures ages ago.  The model was by Swamp_Thing.  Lightspeed  appears to have noted the resemblance, as the name of the texture is 'viper.tga'. :).  Resemblance is much less from above.  I am here showing off our spiffy new normal maps from freespaceking. :)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Sweet! Normals!

:wtf:

'Scuse me, I haven't seen much Galactica. But when I saw it, I thought about that fighter, and when chief posted, I thought I would just say "I concur" and confirm....

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline starlord

simple question: will the GTF angel be in this MOD? It was depicted as being there by freespace (the father of the valkyrie).

Offline Admiral Nelson

Eventually it will,  Chapter 1 is set well before the advent of the Angel.  Chapter 2 would likely contain the father of the Angel, the Phoenix.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So the Phoenix is the grand-father of the Valkyrie? Is the Shrike the father of the Phoenix, in effect making it the great-grand-father of the Valkyrie?

Offline Admiral Nelson

There isn't really a direct analogue to the Angel / Valkyrie in Chapter 1.

Offline Admiral Nelson

But since it is Friday and I am in a good mood, here is the Phoenix:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wow looks very, VERY cool. Is it recon like the Angel or an interceptor like the Valk?

Offline Admiral Nelson

I'd conceived of it as a 'scout fighter' like the Angel, but this is subject to change when we actually start working on Chapter 2.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'd conceived of it as a 'scout fighter' like the Angel, but this is subject to change when we actually start working on Chapter 2.

Which will be in a few months? :nervous:

Offline Admiral Nelson

Sometime in Q1 2008 I would think.